Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up a blaupunkt 10 disc changer for my GT - my question is, where are the changers usually installed in the GT? and how/where is it bolted down?

can anyone show me a picture of one installed in the car?

also, will wiring the cable in fro the headunit to the boot be a tricky job??

thanks.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The CD changer is located in the boot in one of the storage lockers (passenger side), Blaupunkt provide a bracket and some screws but it is a tight fit so you could pack it out. The wiring isn't too tricky - there is a hole in the back of the storage bin you can thread it though then route it towards the from (I removed the rear panel the contains the speaker to gain access) it then goes under the sill cover, pops out in the passenger footwell and then you feed it into the rear of the HU. I will try and take a picture.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed my changer with no probs - just need to know how to keep the changer secure in the cubby hole in the boot.... any ideas how it is mounted in there? as there doesnt seem to be any where obvious to bolt it to.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
brackets, screws, and screw-clips. if you don't have the originals, then maybe buy some thin aluminium stripping and make your own.

attached pics are my factory brackets.

:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for that!!!! I dont fancy the idea of making my own brackets.... I wonder if you can purchase the brackets from blaupunkt?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
cheaper/easier to bend some brackets yourself if you have some basic tools and confidence. hacksaw to cut the metal to length, and some plyers/grippers to do the bends. something like 20~25 x 1.5mm aluminium would do it.

brackets are probably unique to alfa's, so unlikely for blau to offer them, but worth a try. they will have generic ones, which are probably like L-brackets for floor mounting. more likely to need to buy through an alfa dealer.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts