Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed CD changer recently. All is doin its thing as it says on the tin.

However, My burned CD's are not recognised. They were probably burned with Windows media player. What should I use?? Any experience on this??

Also, for some reason the volume knob seems to malfunction. nothing related here but sometimes(often) when I turn it up the volume drops and I have to gingerly turn it up again. Is this a common thing and can I fix it?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
CD player does not like burned CDs, although the problem can be reduced by going for a slower burn rate apparently, not heard of the volume issue before, but is the dynamic volume setting on? it makes the radio louder as back ground noise increases with engine/road noise etc. Press the audio button and select settings IIRC and its in there somewhere.

HTH

·
Registered
313 Posts
I use Nero With no problem But sometimes different brand of Cd do not work,Slower burn rate as mentioned above can solve this problem.
I defently agree with Purple145 that Cd players do not like home made burned cds

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CD player does not like burned CDs, although the problem can be reduced by going for a slower burn rate apparently, not heard of the volume issue before, but is the dynamic volume setting on? it makes the radio louder as back ground noise increases with engine/road noise etc. Press the audio button and select settings IIRC and its in there somewhere.

HTH
Dynamic volume setting is on but pretty sure its not this. It happens when I touch the knob (ooo errr) I'll try deactivating the dynamic control and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use Nero With no problem But sometimes different brand of Cd do not work,Slower burn rate as mentioned above can solve this problem.
I defently agree with Purple145 that Cd players do not like home made burned cds
I'll try using Nero and see what happens. (if I have it) Cheers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had the mental volume knob on my old twink - think it's probably just dirt or dodgy connector...maybe try switch cleaner from maplins?
Thanks Ill look into it. I seem to be collecting more and more sprays and lotions then ever before in my life since owning the alfa. Why not get another one eh.

My previous cars didn't need love.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts