Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the theft of my Sat nav CD, and the fact it's a rubbish system anyway, thinking of simply getting a new stereo system as long as it connects to the autochanger.

Is the standard 10 CD Blaupunkt jobby compatible with other systems?

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
sorry I can't answer your question but I think you have just answered one of mine! I have been trying to find out what changer connects to the standard Alfa sat nav - was your the connect + job with phone etc?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry I can't answer your question but I think you have just answered one of mine! I have been trying to find out what changer connects to the standard Alfa sat nav - was your the connect + job with phone etc?
Aye, that's the one.

Never use the phone, and the sat nav was pretty poor too. Rather find a cheap disk to replace the knicked one, but failing that may get a decent stereo instead.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I will take a look and see if I can copy mine for you if you want? Can't prommise anything though as I have no idea what file structure is used on the disk - but let me know if you want me to try. If not there is someone on here who wants to buy the unit - throttleman I think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will take a look and see if I can copy mine for you if you want? Can't prommise anything though as I have no idea what file structure is used on the disk - but let me know if you want me to try. If not there is someone on here who wants to buy the unit - throttleman I think.
Aye, give it a try Vincent please, that would be superb :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Aye, give it a try Vincent please, that would be superb :thumbs:
No worries mate - I will give it a try tomorrow. Am watching the footy tonight so wont be about to try it. Will let you know how I get on - fingers crossed!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to keep bumping an old thread, but I've yet to find a cheap CD replacement, and with TomToms now availbale at £50, I'm not into paying £100+ for a genuine Alfa replacement.

Anyone know of a source for these?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
eBay or wreckers i suppose.

weigh up the cost of a replacement - just to retain the function of your CD changer - versus buying an aftermarket headunit that is superior to the original (for features and sound quality), and just ditch the changer.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts