Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have found the pre-installed CD autochanger cables in the boot (hidden by the base of the battery as posted on this site by others).

It looks like a straightforward job to fit an autochanger but I have seen on this site that you can't just buy and install any old Cd changer which is quite worrying :confused:

PLEASE HELP, what can I do? Lowest cost option please as I have solicitors (parasites - except those who own Alfa's) bills to pay.:cry:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
They come up rarely on ebay, I looked for a couple of months before one came up for sale. I'd also reckon that £100 is a bit low. I paid well over £200 for mine, and other ones I watched afterwards went for over £250.
Good news is that once you have got it, it only takes seconds to plug in to get it working. You will need to buy the fitting rack seperately, or make up something to hold it in place yourself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. Yes I will have to keep looking-out for one on eBay. Have seen one this week for sale on German eBay but "Heir Himler" is not prepared to post it to England. Will also keep trying the scrap yards.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Have seen one this week for sale on German eBay but "Heir Himler" is not prepared to post it to England.
If you need to, you can have it posted to me and I'll ship it on to you. The cost of shipping to the UK (for up to 5kg) is 17 EUR, I think. However, as Mitch says, unless you can find one cheap, I would go for the Loudlink or one of Rogier's Audio-In adapters. Come to think of it, I would sell mine for £200, including shipping to the UK!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi all. I have found the pre-installed CD autochanger cables in the boot (hidden by the base of the battery as posted on this site by others).

It looks like a straightforward job to fit an autochanger but I have seen on this site that you can't just buy and install any old Cd changer which is quite worrying :confused:

PLEASE HELP, what can I do? Lowest cost option please as I have solicitors (parasites - except those who own Alfa's) bills to pay.:cry:
Coal - CD changer on Ebay now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-16...ryZ10370QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Coal, that CD player is mine (as in I am the seller)

It will need a couple of extra bits for the fully fitted look, namely the frame that fits over the battery that the pictured bit bolts onto and the bit of carpet that then fits over the whole assembly. I ahve not got them as they went into my DSP installation. Alternatively it could be screwed onto the battery cover but that I found it will tend to skip when you go over harsh bumps.

As the ad says the magazine has to be helped out, a small allen key does the trick. Any questions drop me a line.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
the magazine sticking is a common problem....easily fixed though if you take the player apart - you'll find the wee spring bit that pushes the mechanism that pops the magazine out will have become bent.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am "over the moon!"

I missed out on purple145's Autochanger on Ebay (it went £107 even although it needed a small repair) so as others on this site have said I have kept my eyes open on Ebay.

Anyway, about 10 days ago someone (it turned out to be breakers in Derbyshire) was selling a 166 black leather interior on ebay. The listing must have only been on for about 15 mins saying the rest of the car was being broken. I phoned them straightaway and asked if they had an Autochanger

They replied Yesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We did the deal over the phone for £50 + £10 p&p = £60
It arrived this afternoon (a little worried buying it blind) I could not wait to unpack it - like opening Christmas presents - :inlove: and it was in "as New" condition. Plugged it in, the ICS recognized it and the cd's play lovely! :inlove: FANTASTIC SOUND!!!

I'M SO SO SO PLEASED AS I THOUGHT THAT I MIGHT HAVE TO END UP PAYING MAIN STEALER PRICE IN THE END.

So I can now dust-off and play my Barry Manilow CD's :lol: ;) :inlove: :) ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice one Coal!

That sounds like a result. :)

Enjoy those Manilow albums... if that's at all possible... :lol:

Levi

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Nice one, thats how I ended up with a second, thought it worth a punt and ended up with DSP as well for free.

Problem is now the one I kept has got some interference from the engine and I could have done with my second one back.

Oh well, glad you got sorted.

Having run CDs for a few weeks, I tend to find myself enjoying the same song more on the radio than the CD, CD seems too sterile and cold, I don't tend to sing a long in my head with this CD player. Most puzzling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts