Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here from Metro Detroit. Posters in this The "you need an Alfa Romeo" thread post peer pressured me into buying an Alfa Romeo and I love it!

Let's back up a bit. The three year lease on the 2017 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack w/6-speed is coming to an end a few months. Since I work from home and don't drive enough to even justify another lease, I had been thinking about buying a car instead. In addition to buying out the Challenger at lease-end, a used Giulia is another option that came to mind (along with many others). After seeing the The "you need an Alfa Romeo" thread post, I found this on Facebook Marketplace...

After owning a BMW 335i w/N54 I was a bit apprehensive about repairs and reliably but I was assured by owners that after the 2017 gremlins had been worked out, they are actually quite reliable. I also asked a friend (Maximum_Download) to talk me out of it but he is a bad influence and encouraged me instead. I took it for a test drive a couple days later and they delivered it to my house yesterday.

It is an one-owner Misano Blue Metallic 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4. The local dealer I bought it from originally leased it to the guy just over two years ago. I looked through the Facebook posts and found some pre-delivery photos from 2018. I know, I am a dork...

The guy who originally leased it, drove it only about 11,000 miles in his first two years before turning it in. He also had it serviced at the same dealer so I have all of the service history to go with it. Not only does the car look and smell like new, but the protective plastic is still on the dead pedal and the warning sticker on the driver side was never even removed...

It has all of the options (except Bi-Xenon)...

I have the Challenger for a few more months so I will mostly drive that until I turn it in. I did drive the Alfa for a bit last night and my initial thoughts are:

• Great handling.
  • Super quick steering.
  • Peppy acceleration.
  • Beautiful inside and out.
  • Selective dampers really do make a difference.
  • Quick shifts from the ZF8.
  • Comfortable seats.
  • Awesome sunroof.
  • Good headlights (Xenon).
  • Strong brakes but will need to get used to the brake-by-wire feel.
My initial negatives are pretty small:

• Infotainment system is a bit weak, they should have used UConnect. Also, no touchscreen but has since been rectified on newer model.
  • The easy entry automatic seat thing (moves seat back for ease of exit/entry) is annoying and I cannot turn it off. There is an option to turn it off on the newer models.
  • The engine start/stop is annoying. I know there is a button to deactivate it but it has to be pressed each time. At least there is an easy fix: Start/Stop Deactivator for Giulia/Stelvio.
Love the color (Misano Blue Metallic)...

Interior shots...

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was going to wait until the Challenger lease was up before purchasing all-weather mats. Then I was browsing the Giulia Forums and someone from Ann Arbor posted that they were giving a gently used TuxMat set away for free ($210 new) because his lease was up and he didn't want to deal with selling/shipping. He just wanted them picked up soon. Got them this morning, after a 2 hour round-trip and a few minutes to install I now have a set of all-weather mats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts