Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Caterham CSR or Lotus Exige S - which would you buy?

• The Lotus :thumbs:

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • The Caterham :wow:

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Other :rolleyes:

Votes: 3 9.4%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week on 5th Gear they had a 'shoot-out' between a Lotus Exige S and a Caterham CSR.

The Catherham beat the Lotus in the dry by 2.5 seconds, although the hood and doors came loose. It was also on semi-slick tyres.

The Lotus was quicker in the wet, and VBH thought it was more of a car that you could use on the road.

So, which one would you buy

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Personally I'd got for the Caterham, however, if the choice was an Elise SC....

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Other, I'd buy a Westfield. :p

·
Administrator
47,157 Posts
For a track toy, I'd get the Caterham. It's amazing how much difference being able to see your front wheels makes.
If I was going to get a Lotus, it'd have to be an Esprit anyway.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Caterham for unadulterated fun and because it's one of those cars you should have had at some point.

Exige is sill great and a tad more usable :)cheese: ) IRL.

I'll take either thanks!:D

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Caterham for me, just because of the character. It's a bit like the Jaguar or Aston question :D

(yeh, right. I should be so lucky :lol: )

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The Lotus for me, its a car :D

Caterhams are stunningly quick, but rather hard for most to take seriously as car that you would want to drive off the track at which point you may as weell go for an Atom or Radical and be done with it..

I wouldn't fancy my 2000 Km round trip to the ring in the Caterham, but it wouldn't be an issue in the Elise.

..and I haven't even mentioned the looks!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Lotus ;)

G

·
Looking for something quick, impractical, light, open-topped, uncomfy, noisy and a huge laugh, it would have to be the Caterham ... or a Westfield Megabusa.

The Lotus is nice but I'm a kit car fan, a lad at work has an Elise 111R and my Robin Hood that cost a quarter of what he spent gives it a good run for its money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts