Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys what do you think?
Its the perfect fun car to drive. I dont know about reliability issues though. Id love to have one in the future as its been in my mind for about 2-3 years now

Any opinions on this one?

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that as things are going nowadays and fuel prices are only going upwards having a fun car that will not be driven everyday would be nice. Because 'big cars' now are just not worth it for daily use. Therefore its nice to have a fun car just for fun and then put it back in the garage and get your economical car for your daily jobs.
I may have not described this pretty well but i think you got the point what i mean...

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
personally, its make makes me hungry ..... catering ... ham... caterham.... table 7 .... :rolleyes:

Its both Shants and Thomas's fault - this reaction.
I havent eaten anything today, because Shant forgot how to get to his shop and Thomas didnt have an alternative ! :rant:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Caterhams are easy to find, still in production too so no problems there.

Costs vary as there's a multitude of options, they have a proper range (more power, more focused chassis, tires and so on)

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I look on autotrader UK very often not only for the caterham but in general. There are some for about 10-11k and some other that cost around 16k. It depends on which model is it as George said. But what a car, it is the absolute fun/track car.
The Areal Atom is very exciting too but the price isnt! :p

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
10k huh?!? Not so bad.... One day, why not?
Drifting on 4wheels :D
But I heard you can by and assembly one your self.
Is that right?

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
10k huh?!? Not so bad.... One day, why not?
Drifting on 4wheels :D
But I heard you can by and assembly one your self.
Is that right?
Yes but trust me you wouldnt wana do that (an den sou perna) :p
They tryed to build one on Top Gear and they couldnt finish it up :lol:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Its a fun car as you say. Personaly i dont fit in it...or at least my head will be over the windshield for sure :cool:
You know the answer for that don't you?...buy one with no windscreen :D:lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would LOVE a Seven. It's purely a toy.. As for reliability, older models have Vauxhall/Opel engines which are fairly easy to find parts and someone to service them. Newer ones are Ford units so much the same. The really fast ones have Ford engines tweaked by Cosworth! As for everything else? There's not many things to go wrong!! They will usually leak if it rains as the canvas roof is pretty bad but it's to be expected from a kit car that was made to be used with an open top.

Been thinking of getting one for ages....

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its a fantastic piece of machine this is. Imagine driving this in town that would be super cool. :cool:
And then take it to the track which of course would be even cooler :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts