Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve finally managed to get the can fitted after waiting ages for some of the part!
After struggling to find an ideal location (I know I’ll get some questions and concerns on this?) but I decided to encapsulate some bolts through the cover and reinforced the area with Q-Bond.
If I had any complaints it would be that it was a shame the pipes didn’t fit with less joints - possibly a future improvement?
Here are the picks, start to finish..........

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks good!

Only thing i'd say is that youll need to maintain it well due to the possibility of it filling up, and then "pouring" into the intake.

other than that it looks good and the hoses!

how are you going to go about emptying it? is it just the case of removing it all to avoid spillage?

In terms of maintenance, id check the intake pipe/hose to make sure there are no metal fragments in there

:)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good!

Only thing i'd say is that youll need to maintain it well due to the possibility of it filling up, and then "pouring" into the intake.

other than that it looks good and the hoses!

how are you going to go about emptying it? is it just the case of removing it all to avoid spillage?

In terms of maintenance, id check the intake pipe/hose to make sure there are no metal fragments in there

:)
If you look at the bottom 2 photos, you will see a clear hose sticking out at 90deg to the tank facing the slam panel - This is my drain!
A simple case of removing the blank, extend the drain if needed with 6mm tubing & drain - should be okay.
As for metal particles, everything was cleaned out thoroughly before assembly and from what I gather the s/steel scrubber does not break up as it’s a continuous spiral of steel wool?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts