Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, collected my 166 last weekend and drove home without problem. (3.0 auto) Parked in garage for the week, now I find the battery is dead, so I cannot open the boot. And the only key is jammed in the ignition. Is there any other way to release the boot please? Regards Richard

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi All, collected my 166 last weekend and drove home without problem. (3.0 auto) Parked in garage for the week, now I find the battery is dead, so I cannot open the boot. And the only key is jammed in the ignition. Is there any other way to release the boot please? Regards Richard
Flat battery won't be the cause of your key being stuck in the ignition, so, just sort that out first. Once out open the boot with the key and deal with your dead battery. As you might imagine, the only other way you'll get in the boot is with a screwdriver and lump hammer.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
No idea why the key is stuck, but you can power up the car as long as you can open the bonnet.

Get your battery charger..
Open the bonnet.
Find the main junction box - on the rhs of the firewall, below the windscreen scuttle, a small black box - pop the front off and it will have three big studs in there. That’s positive.
Stick the negative anywhere suitable.
The boot will now open from the glove box button.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Re the stuck key, find the release button underneath the lock barrel then pull it downwards while gently turning the key - it should let go.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No idea why the key is stuck, but you can power up the car as long as you can open the bonnet.

Get your battery charger..
Open the bonnet.
Find the main junction box - on the rhs of the firewall, below the windscreen scuttle, a small black box - pop the front off and it will have three big studs in there. That’s positive.
Stick the negative anywhere suitable.
The boot will now open from the glove box button.
Can't believe I didn't think of this. #gutted

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts