Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My exhaust is a little bit loud and I'm making some early morning journeys now and want to quieten it down a bit...

Going to put a straight-through silencer where the CAT should be... this will enable me to put a CAT back in that space if it ever goes back to running on Petrol.

So, can anyone measure a Ph1 CAT for me please? Flange-to-Flange length...

That would really help me, thanks!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy... as you've got a CAT handy, please can you do me a massive favour and take a photo end on of the CAT flanges. I.e. A photo looking down the pipe itself

I need to get an approximation of the angle those 2 flanges are at... Because the further back one is kinda rotated... if you see what I mean.

Yeh I'm going to fab a "decat silencer" so that if anyone decides to buy the exhaust off me later, it will fit straight onto another car with the CAT in place.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, I just went out and measured up on the car itself... and while I was there I noticed the little Phase 1 "Lambda box" has got 2 slits in them...

I presume they are supposed to be like this??? It looks manufactured that way, and presumably lets some fresh air in or something? I did not expect to see that. Tried to take a photo but failed!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they are perfect images, I can put those in a CAD model and get the angle to within a degree (but by eye it looks like 45 degrees), this should be accurate enough.

Thanks again Andy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts