Alfa Romeo Forum banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts
Discussion starter · #142 ·
Well, looks like everyone who is coming is now virtually confirmed so we are looking at circa 28/29 cars...Wow! I'm going down to the park tomorrow eve to look at our plot to see if it is one long line or an area. It will be nice to make the stand look attractive by a good layout, instead of cars just parked up willy nilly. I may need some help ideas from you guys on how we can lay it out, once all have arrived and landed. I thought, if it's one long line, maybe we could work with the oldest to the newest, showing Alfas throughout the years. If an area maybe we can set out neatly, so the public can walk around and see all the cars attractively parked up. (We'll slip the Lancia in somewhere):biglaugh: I am led to believe that we will be standing alongside/very near the Porsche club, Pah! We'll show em! Really looking forward to this show. My wife and I have been coming here for a few years now with the spider and the GTV v6 which we sold, and this year to have such a good company and turn out of our noble marque, is a real thrill. What a marvelous collaboration between Alfaowner and Alfabook. Well done guys, and thank you all! See you Sunday at the gate.

Great idea for the layout, eg oldest cars leading up to the newest.

If you have an idea of the various models attending then it may be possible to prepare parking slots by year. If it is not possible to park in a line then it may be possible to park year by year in a clock wise formation.

If it is of any help, 'Alfredo' is a 1975 Spider S2.

Am looking forward to this event and have the prayer mat facing east for some dry, hot weather.

Many thanks Headgasket for getting together such a great gathering, perhaps if this anticipated format is so successful it can be considered for Helmingham Hall in early September? Last year there was an Alfa stand with approx. ten cars, this too is a superb event and well worth being part of.

Well, looks like everyone who is coming is now virtually confirmed so we are looking at circa 28/29 cars...Wow! I'm going down to the park tomorrow eve to look at our plot to see if it is one long line or an area. It will be nice to make the stand look attractive by a good layout, instead of cars just parked up willy nilly. I may need some help ideas from you guys on how we can lay it out, once all have arrived and landed. I thought, if it's one long line, maybe we could work with the oldest to the newest, showing Alfas throughout the years. If an area maybe we can set out neatly, so the public can walk around and see all the cars attractively parked up. (We'll slip the Lancia in somewhere):biglaugh: I am led to believe that we will be standing alongside/very near the Porsche club, Pah! We'll show em! Really looking forward to this show. My wife and I have been coming here for a few years now with the spider and the GTV v6 which we sold, and this year to have such a good company and turn out of our noble marque, is a real thrill. What a marvelous collaboration between Alfaowner and Alfabook. Well done guys, and thank you all! See you Sunday at the gate.
Nice idea of lining up old to new :thumbup: But that would need to be planned beforehand to save having to shuffle cars around on the day.

What time are you going down there this evening? I might pop along and help if you need me dependent upon time. Let me know.

Discussion starter · #149 ·
The weather looks okay for tomorrow. I'll be along to soak up the Alfa vibe and see those beautiful machines. Looking forward to it!

Trip
If you are bringing an alfa, Although it is last knockings, we can acommodate you just about.

I have been to the pitch this pm (Sorry charliealfamike never saw your mail till just now) We have a great spot, but will have to have two rows. When you get inside the gate, you will be guided immediately right, and then down a driveway to our spot. You will see plot R186 towards the top on the left hand side. Good sized plot. I'll be on the gate from 07.30 am.

I'm desperately trying to get the 159 clean but it keeps pi**ing down :furious: Looks like I'll be up at sparrows fart in the morning trying to get it ready. It'lkl probably get filthy on drive there anyway :thumbup:

Discussion starter · #151 ·
I'm desperately trying to get the 159 clean but it keeps pi**ing down :furious: Looks like I'll be up at sparrows fart in the morning trying to get it ready. It'lkl probably get filthy on drive there anyway :thumbup:
Weather looks promising for tomorrow, so you shouldn't be soaked in spray. I have microfibre cloths, polish etc. in the boot you can borrow if need be.....for the final brush up on site.

If you are bringing an alfa, Although it is last knockings, we can acommodate you just about.

I have been to the pitch this pm (Sorry charliealfamike never saw your mail till just now) We have a great spot, but will have to have two rows. When you get inside the gate, you will be guided immediately right, and then down a driveway to our spot. You will see plot R186 towards the top on the left hand side. Good sized plot. I'll be on the gate from 07.30 am.
Hi Headgasket14, Thanks so much for the invite. I will be coming in my 159, but will be bringing the family, so will not be there until 10 at the earliest, and I suspect they will have had enough of cars by er... 10.30, so I think it's best if we use the public car park. I'm hoping the experience is sufficiently positive so that they want to come and be part of the action next year.

Trip

Oh by the way, I just wanted to remind you Phil that my Mrs will be in the Alfa. Ive told her to look out for the Alfa clad marshal and to say shes in Steve68's car :thumbup: She has to drop our daughter at work for 8:15 so she should easily make it for 9. We are coming from Ipswich so she should be well on time. I'll be leaving in the Standard about 2 in the morning :biglaugh: Poor thing only cruises at 50 - 55 bless it.
Looking forward to meeting some of the other members, lets hope the sun shines.

Oh by the way, I just wanted to remind you Phil that my Mrs will be in the Alfa. Ive told her to look out for the Alfa clad marshal and to say shes in Steve68's car :thumbup: She has to drop our daughter at work for 8:15 so she should easily make it for 9. We are coming from Ipswich so she should be well on time. I'll be leaving in the Standard about 2 in the morning :biglaugh: Poor thing only cruises at 50 - 55 bless it.
Looking forward to meeting some of the other members, lets hope the sun shines.
I notice the subtext in your post re those who can count vs those who can't.
There are actually 11 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those that don't.
But you probably know this.
:yes:

Discussion starter · #158 ·
Many, many thanks to all of you who supported this show. 28 confirmations, 28 attendees! What a show for the 1st full Alfa stand. Many of you have said what a great show it was and have already said you'll be back next year, and many thanks for that in advance. I've got some pics, but probably won't get them on till tomorrow. God knows how many members of the Public came, and this is without doubt, the biggest free car show in the UK. Well done all, and many thanks once again.

Many, many thanks to all of you who supported this show. 28 confirmations, 28 attendees! What a show for the 1st full Alfa stand. Many of you have said what a great show it was and have already said you'll be back next year, and many thanks for that in advance. I've got some pics, but probably won't get them on till tomorrow. God knows how many members of the Public came, and this is without doubt, the biggest free car show in the UK. Well done all, and many thanks once again.
Great show and great day out! Thanks for organising it all and nice to meet you and your wife.:thumbup:

141 - 160 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.