Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Cars on the green 2016

Tags
2016 green
12K views 186 replies 24 participants last post by  future.nature 
#1 ·
The biggest free car show in East Anglia and probably the UK will this year be held on Sun 19th June 2016. It is always held on Fathers day, and last year just under 1000 cars were on display and an incredible 10,000 members of the public came through the gates. Last year, I organised the mercedes club stand and one of the stands members even won a trophy. This really is the premiere show in the country, and this year would like us to have an Alfa stand (The 1st in the shows history). Your car doesn't have to be a show car, just an alfa in any condition. Thats what makes the show so great, it's not just for show stoppers! Anyone interested in bringing their Alfa, or will I be the only one...............again (besides a GT junior that turns up)....Anybody? If so, I'll book a stand......It's FREE !!!! Bury Retro Car Club - Cars on the Green

#4 ·
This show isn't just restricted to EA, so if you are within a reasonable travelling distance, and fancy a day out with your alfa at the best uk show....put your name down. around 1000 cars on show, everything from Deloreans to Reliant robins +trade stands etc.

#5 ·
Do you want me to put this up as an " Event " Thread ?

Either way I hope it all goes well. :thumbup:

#9 ·
Here are some reasons why you should come, park your alfa up on the stand and wander around.Here are six cars, only about 994 others to ogle at, and some built by some of the most innovative and imaginative DIY & imaginative motor engineers.

Attachments

#10 ·
Am I selling you the idea now? Oh blimey, only another 988 cars to see now! ALFAS for the Public to see this year please!! Even the US lads off the base bring out their tricked out GTR's & Chevies.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Great it is looking like a show now!! 5 cars so far, and room for more. (I'm booking a free space for 10). Last year, for the Merc stand, I managed to get a lovely pitch next to the organising club stand and next to the "dubbers", however, I would imagine we will probably be in the central tree lined avenue.

#16 ·
Nige, the post code for Nowton park is IP29 5 BD. Nobody will have difficulty finding it, and on arrival, exhibitors will be guided to the Alfa stand by the marshalls. Please be there for around 8.30-09.00 am, and cars are NOT allowed to leave until 16.30pm due to the large amount of Public wandering around the show. Last year I had mercs from afar a field as Lancs & Devon, but they still had to stay and were happy to do so. Meet directly at the show, unless others choose to meet up before turning up.

#20 ·
If there is room "Alfredo" my Spider S2 would really like to be included in the Alfa stand.

Will look forward to receiving further info when available.
You're in thanks!

Headgasket
V666 DMF
Charliealfamike
Karlssondesign
Sparto 916
Metat014

This show has been running years, and has now got to it's current massive scale. It will be the 1st year that Alfa make a strong presence on their own stand area. things are really looking up. Many thanks. If need be, I'll ask for a bigger space to accommodate more than ten cars, lets see how it goes.

#27 ·
Hi Headgasket,

Sparto916 mentioned this meet in the Alfabook East Anglia section on facebook last night and it got a really good response. Do you have any spaces left? If so fairly sure we could fill them! Are you going for any specific Alfas or is anything welcome? There are at least 8 members with varying ages/models of cars, saying they would like to be involved, and would obviously be great to have all the Alfa's together!
Let me know your thoughts!
Tia

#28 ·
Fantastic !! Any Alfa is fine, regardless of condition. That is the beauty of this show, it's about the love of your marque and not necc how old or clean/tidy. All ages are welcome, right up to present day.
Acting on this news, I'm now going to book a TWENTY car space, but that is the limit. St Edmundsbury council have limited the amount of cars on show to 1000. The Public attendance last year was estimated between 10 & 15,000, with all 4 overspill public car parks filled. Last year, I organised the Merc stand, and this year I have bowed out to organise Alfa, but the Merc lads enjoyed it so much, they have re booked, even the ones from Devon & Lancs! It really is the BEST all car Free show for all concerned and the best charity event!
Last year, the imprezza club requested 60 spaces!! they had to be culled! they had two different stands.
With the eight you have mentioned, plus the eight already, I reckon another 4 or 5 could be accommodated. Nearer the time, they send me the stand number and row.(but I'll probably know way before then.
Would you be good enough to keep us posted on here as to the state of play on Alfabook? ta.

#34 ·
Yes, not only that, it's paying dividends for the Public also, as this year will be the 1st year of a good Alfa contingent at the show.

The Alfa team so far:-

Headgasket
V666 DMF
Charliealfamike
Karlssondesign
Sparto916
Metat014
MrsAlfa
a group of Alfabook members.(so far around 8)
Future.nature.

#36 ·
Ok, well I've filled my 8 spaces for definite.
One of them is my brother, who has said that if anyone else wants his slot (or if our S3 spider isn't finished!) then he'll head down with me in the 33.
But have also got coming:
147 gta
Sud sprint
147 facelift
GTV (of some description, not sure what era?)
159 sw
159 saloon

I'll let the Alfabookers know that our allocated slots have been filled but if anyone else should want to join in to ask and I'll clear it with you on here before confirming if thats ok HG?

Should be a good crowd, with a good mix by the looks of things! Can't wait! Thanks for letting us join in!

#37 ·
Fantastic news italicar...Many thanks to Sparto916 & yourself for raising the profile of the alfa stand. Look forward to meeting you all, and WOW! what a great selection of cars from both alfaowner & alfabook.
It's sure going to be a great show! Yeah, if anybody else wants to dip in, just let me know, as the latest figures will be updated on here. Ta all.
(circa 16 so far, anybody else wanting to fill the final spaces)? It's Fathers day & it's FREE for exhibitors & public. No wonder it's a massive hit show!!

#38 ·
Here are some more pics from last year to whet your appetites. (The family looking at me photographing Damico are of no connection).:biglaugh: Managed to grab these pics early morning before the main herds piled in.:biglaugh:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.