Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest free car show in East Anglia and probably the UK will this year be held on Sun 19th June 2016. It is always held on Fathers day, and last year just under 1000 cars were on display and an incredible 10,000 members of the public came through the gates. Last year, I organised the mercedes club stand and one of the stands members even won a trophy. This really is the premiere show in the country, and this year would like us to have an Alfa stand (The 1st in the shows history). Your car doesn't have to be a show car, just an alfa in any condition. Thats what makes the show so great, it's not just for show stoppers! Anyone interested in bringing their Alfa, or will I be the only one...............again (besides a GT junior that turns up)....Anybody? If so, I'll book a stand......It's FREE !!!! Bury Retro Car Club - Cars on the Green

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good start, we're away. ok, I'm booking a free stand area. I'll book space for 10 cars, just need 8 more now?????? Lets have a good mix of varying alfas.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This show isn't just restricted to EA, so if you are within a reasonable travelling distance, and fancy a day out with your alfa at the best uk show....put your name down. around 1000 cars on show, everything from Deloreans to Reliant robins +trade stands etc.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,355 Posts
This show isn't just restricted to EA, so if you are within a reasonable travelling distance, and fancy a day out with your alfa at the best uk show....put your name down. around 1000 cars on show, everything from Deloreans to Reliant robins +trade stands etc.
Do you want me to put this up as an " Event " Thread ?

Either way I hope it all goes well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you want me to put this up as an " Event " Thread ?

Either way I hope it all goes well. :thumbup:
This is a great show. I'd love to be there so count me in too.

Headgasket.
V666 DMF
Charliealfamike.

C'mon now, show 15,000 people for free how much you like Alfas. I have shown my cars here before and have had some great interest, and people stopping to look at the cars and wanting to chat. This show is not about the gleamiest car, it's about those who love the marque they drive, be it shiny shiny or a basket case, and love to chat to the visiting public about their model.
More names please. You'll be glad you did as you wander around the 1000 cars or so on display...Classics, hot rods, tuned, pimped, daily drivers, trucks, bikes even tractors!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some reasons why you should come, park your alfa up on the stand and wander around.Here are six cars, only about 994 others to ogle at, and some built by some of the most innovative and imaginative DIY & imaginative motor engineers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am I selling you the idea now? Oh blimey, only another 988 cars to see now! ALFAS for the Public to see this year please!! Even the US lads off the base bring out their tricked out GTR's & Chevies.

Attachments

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,355 Posts
Yes please, that would be good.
Happy to do this but before I do can you please give details of where to meet/location perhaps with a map link and timings as that will make it easier for folks.

Cheers, Nige.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yes, good show this.

I'll be up for it, in either the 71 GTJunior, or the 89 75V6

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you can, get us a spot on the hard standing car park or the central tree avenue.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Great it is looking like a show now!! 5 cars so far, and room for more. (I'm booking a free space for 10). Last year, for the Merc stand, I managed to get a lovely pitch next to the organising club stand and next to the "dubbers", however, I would imagine we will probably be in the central tree lined avenue.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nige, the post code for Nowton park is IP29 5 BD. Nobody will have difficulty finding it, and on arrival, exhibitors will be guided to the Alfa stand by the marshalls. Please be there for around 8.30-09.00 am, and cars are NOT allowed to leave until 16.30pm due to the large amount of Public wandering around the show. Last year I had mercs from afar a field as Lancs & Devon, but they still had to stay and were happy to do so. Meet directly at the show, unless others choose to meet up before turning up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you on Alfabook Headgasket?

I'm sure you would soon fill the remaining spaces if you asked on there ? (Or I could put it on there if you're not on it...)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, haven't even a clue what you are talking about, probably as I am not on Facebook. If you can fill the remaining spaces, great!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cas on the Green 2016

If there is room "Alfredo" my Spider S2 would really like to be included in the Alfa stand.

Will look forward to receiving further info when available.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If there is room "Alfredo" my Spider S2 would really like to be included in the Alfa stand.

Will look forward to receiving further info when available.
You're in thanks!

Headgasket
V666 DMF
Charliealfamike
Karlssondesign
Sparto 916
Metat014

This show has been running years, and has now got to it's current massive scale. It will be the 1st year that Alfa make a strong presence on their own stand area. things are really looking up. Many thanks. If need be, I'll ask for a bigger space to accommodate more than ten cars, lets see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts