Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from holiday, so its time to put things right.

Cars do have souls, they just bloody well do and thats it !

It's not tangible. It doesn't mean they have an afterlife (the scrappage sceme has seen to that) it is something inherited. Something delicate and yet powerful. It hasn't been deliberately designed, in it is a sum of it's parts, the result of shared experience and dedication. Yes it's in short supply these days but while a few still believe, it will be so...

Not everything has a soul of course. Dogs, cats, BMWs etc. But, and I have it on very good authority, while God drives a Ferrari (at weekends), his daily driver is an Alfa Romeo.

Now lets have no more of this nonsense.

H

·
0 Posts
But I don't believe in God. And if I did, he certainly wouldn't drive something as humble as a car.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I'm between both camps on this, but not on the fence (if that makes any sense!) :lol:

As I posted in HSTDriver's opposing thread, I believe cars can have "character", like a particularly cheeky bottle of wine, a fine cigar or a particularly stirring piece of art, but I do think that "soul" is something reserved for organic life forms.

And no, I'm not religious, in case that is important. ;)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I don't believe in God. And if I did, he certainly wouldn't drive something as humble as a car.
Yes he would, and he'd put shell v power in it because it's his bloody ozone layer and he'll do what he likes with it (hence his amusing invetntion 'the farting cow').:rant:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm between both camps on this, but not on the fence (if that makes any sense!) :lol:

As I posted in HSTDriver's opposing thread, I believe cars can have "character", like a particularly cheeky bottle of wine, a fine cigar or a particularly stirring piece of art, but I do think that "soul" is something reserved for organic life forms.
wrong:p

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Yeah, in YOUR opinion. ;)

And another thing. God wouldn't use Shell V-Power petrol, as everyone knows it's a total con, especially the all-seeing, all-knowing omnipresent big man in the sky. :cool:

So there. :lol:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, in YOUR opinion. ;)

And another thing. God wouldn't use Shell V-Power petrol, as everyone knows it's a total con, especially the all-seeing, all-knowing omnipresent big man in the sky. :cool:

So there. :lol:
Yes he would. He collects the points, and he wants the set of those Ferrari cars cos he missed out on the key rings when they ad them because he was too busy showing Button how to drive. How do you think Ferrari got Shell to sponsor them anyway?

Yeah ! so answer me that then:rant:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Yes he would. He collects the points, and he wants the set of those Ferrari cars cos he missed out on the key rings when they ad them because he was too busy showing Button how to drive. How do you think Ferrari got Shell to sponsor them anyway?

Yeah ! so answer me that then:rant:
Der Teufel, dear boy! It's common knowledge that god gets his petrol from Tesco, as he is saving up his Clubcard points to get one of those fancy BaByliss beard trimmers.

Plus, at 99 RON, Tesco's super unleaded has a high enough octane rating to keep the ECU of his Ferrari nice and happy.

As for the Shell-Ferrari sponsorship deal, higher powers than god have had their fingers in that particular pie. Herr Schumacher springs to mind. :cool:

Simples! :lol:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Der Teufel, dear boy! It's common knowledge that god gets his petrol from Tesco, as he is saving up his Clubcard points to get one of those fancy BaByliss beard trimmers.

Plus, at 99 RON, Tesco's super unleaded has a high enough octane rating to keep the ECU of his Ferrari nice and happy.

As for the Shell-Ferrari sponsorship deal, higher powers than god have had their fingers in that particular pie. Herr Schumacher springs to mind. :cool:

Simples! :lol:
That's God dear boy:p

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Oh hell, don't start the God capitalisation argument again!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
That's God dear boy:p
Without wanting to give Bazza a coronary, the "g" of god in my post was deliberately lower case. :cool:

Hold on, I'm having an ecumenical debate with someone whose username means "the devil"!!! :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Where's this "El Diablo" member then?

or is it Il diablo?
You're thinking of the Spanish for "The Devil", which is "El Diablo". In Italian, it's "Il Diavolo". :thumbs:

"Der Teufel" is "The Devil" in German. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts