Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By me...apparently!? :confused:

Happened 3 times the other day where the dash came up with "breaking into car detected" or something like that

Nothing unusual about the way i opened the car, approached it, unlocked it, opened the door, sat inside, shut the door, key in dash and then the dash comes up with that message....

Any ideas why?

Also, i assume that pressing the lock button on the fob twice activates the alarm or something? Coz it locks something again and the hazards flash twice

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
It just means the alarm has been set off - look in the manual for how to interpret the cause.

The second press activates the deadlocks

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Car breaking-in detected is supposed to mean that the alarm has been activated.

Pressing the fob twice activates the double locking. If you only press it once the car is not properly secure and is easy to break into ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine says this sometimes too. I would definitely have heard it if the alarm had gone off, so no idea why it's saying it. Unless the alarm's siren is broken, that is!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My alarm has been set off before, so i know it works

But when i'm in the car and i see that dash message, there is no beeping from the alarm/siren or hazards flashing either. I simply start the car, and i'm away

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not?

Its just telling you the alarm has been triggered, they go silent after a while so save the battery and noise pollution.

If you have a valid keyfob it always starts.
I would have thought that the alarm being set off means it should try and attract attention to the car so that the intruder is scared off and people can see what's happening

When i'm in the car, it doesn't do anything. No noise, no flashing lights, no nothing

Just a bit confusing that's all

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I would have thought that the alarm being set off means it should try and attract attention to the car so that the intruder is scared off and people can see what's happening

When i'm in the car, it doesn't do anything. No noise, no flashing lights, no nothing

Just a bit confusing that's all
.....it means the alarm WAS set off, its now silenced - but you shoudl know...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Mines being looked at today:( It even does it locked in my garage:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yes, just think of it as your bella saying to you .... Someone's been groping me while you've been away, please try not to leave me there unattended again.

I do think it happens sometimes when the alarm's not been triggered though.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I had this for a bit, turned out to be bonnet catch switch although after a while it did say bonnet open... Also done it when I've left stuff in car which must have moved...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Been advised that my Brera needs to modules costing £350 just in parts & guess what, not covered by the approved used car warranty:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I too have had the warning messsage a few times and thought it was activated by someone brushing against the car ( it usually happens when parked in private, secure garage). To my knowledge, the alarm was not activated and just ignore the messages these days. I was not aware of double clicking the fob and will give it a try; thanks for that one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts