Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I have a lovely relatively new official set of carpet mats in my 147..

:smash:

Passenger spilled coffee on mat.

:furious:

Coffee stain not shifting...

Subtle now but I know it's there and they are bloomin new mats!

I'm sure the packet said 'scotchguard' on them..

Any tips please on how to safely wash/ clean out the stains without washing out all the colour as I did with the old rear mat that the previous owner had somehow managed to get oil embedded inside!!!
I washed it with a alot of products and heat and not it is a lovely shade of blue -
And yep still oily.

So I'd love the coffee out of the new front passenger mat but don't want to risk a colour change!!!!

any suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I've had success getting oil stains out of fabric using Comma Manista (mechanics hand-cleaner, like Swarfega, but better) and a scrubbing brush, then chucking in the washing machine. Can't really do that with mats, but a wet sponge then vacuuming should work.

There are tons of proprietary cleaning potions for domestic carpets in supermarkets, colour change isn't likely but test...

Otherwise, this should work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kZVs08ovJo

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I put my original Alfa 156 mats in the washing machine on the "Wool" setting @ 30 degrees. The edges suffered a bit, but then they are 10 years old or so.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I put my original Alfa 156 mats in the washing machine on the "Wool" setting @ 30 degrees. The edges suffered a bit, but then they are 10 years old or so.
Don't have most washing machines a cold cycle (15 degrees), that should be safe, no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts