Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Get real H. Maybe if we were in Poland? Who has carp for chrimbo dinner?

Or am I being too literal?:confused:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No seriously it was on telly tonight, some of the big supermarket fish mongers are going to be stocking it over Christmas.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I've been told.

However if you let them swim in clean fresh water for a few days with no food it takes the muddy flavour away.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
No seriously it was on telly tonight, some of the big supermarket fish mongers are going to be stocking it over Christmas.
Well our local Asda will be coining it in then with all the Poles and Eastern Europeans
we have round these parts nowadays :(

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I love fish, never had carp but sure there'd be interesting recipes for it.....but it's Christmas. I EXPECT turkey ...or maybe goose not that I've had it much....a bit too traditional? Maybe. I'll be adventurous anytime of year but at Christmas I don't care about presents, but I do like a trad Chrimbo dinner with a lot of family around (even if I am glad to see them go after).

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
I love fish, never had carp but sure there'd be interesting recipes for it.....but it's Christmas. I EXPECT turkey ...or maybe goose not that I've had it much....a bit too traditional? Maybe. I'll be adventurous anytime of year but at Christmas I don't care about presents, but I do like a trad Chrimbo dinner with a lot of family around (even if I am glad to see them go after).
+1 :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well our local Asda will be coining it in then with all the Poles and Eastern Europeans
we have round these parts nowadays :(
That's what the report said, an Eastern European dish that's catching on in the uk. :)

Same here Jim, table full of family with a table groaning under the weight of traditional fare :)

I might buy a Carp as an amusement cook it and watch everyone go :eek: :vomit: :tut: I'm not eating that :lol:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It might make a nice paté :D

Or I could try and catch a big Pike and make a Pike and dill terrine :)

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
It's due to the amount of immigrants over here now, I saw the same thing on the box as HM did.
Apparently they Polish etc (not all of them) are nicking them from canals to eat with their swan and chips. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts