Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

39979 Views 2148 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Scudetto
You are going to like this!!! Its very popular on another car forum I frequent so I hope you like it too. Its new everyday so I wont need to post a link each day.....just go to the opening post (this one!!) and hit the link below....have a go and then post how you got on. Sometimes its dead easy ....there was a 4C the other day.....sometimes its near impossible....there was a Gumpert too....I would not have known that if it was parked in front of me!

Todays is very easy....got it in one!

Only one rule..... when you have had a go and tell us how many pics it took....don't post the answer here or give too much away in the way of clues as that will ruin it for others playing along....enjoy!

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Same. I knew the make, but not the model. I thought they were all called by the make name given it’s basically been the same car for the last 300 years :)

Reactions: alfaitalia

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
It's harsh to claim that they have no model differentiation. How many manufacturers have different models with different numbers of ....?

(Can't finish that without a give away. :D )
Well yes, exactly :)

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Knew the marque immediately but not the model; know the car it is based on, knew what it morphed into but not the name of what that then morphed into. This game would be much easier if every pic was a 190 ;-)

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Quiz is interesting. Points to the difference between recognising it (which I do) and identifying it (which i can’t always).

Reactions: Dave Brand

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Got the make from pic one, but I’m rubbish with that manufacturer’s model names.

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Got the make and model in one. I thought it only had one official model name?

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
I got the make from the first pic but thought it was another model from that manufacturer.

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Got it in two.

I was thinking… as some folks struggle with the pics on Cardle, to help them, how about I do a version of this game but using swatches from my most excellent car doodles as clues? I could call it Cardoodle. :)

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Total fail for me today. I still didn’t know what it was even when it was revealed! Oh well :)

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
First clue was promising. Then it went downhill. Probably should have got it, but didn’t! Ah well.

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Fail for me, too. Knew what it was by the third pic, but couldn’t remember its name. I’m not even sure I knew it’s name anyway :)

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
I thought it something totally different! Didn’t get it at all today.

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
Fail for me, too. It may well be a good car but the styling was always a bit m’eh to me, so none of it registered until I saw the pic. Still think it’s m’eh :)

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
I think we should contact them and tell them we disapprove of today’s car, and if next time they can pick one we like more :)

Reactions: Fruity

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,945 Posts
In two today. Had a hunch on first clue, but the vents on the dash gave me my answer.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts