Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 147 GTA that I want to stick in a carcoon. I have a small drive and only the size 3 carcoon will fit with a Length of 4250mm. The 147 is 4213mm leaving me a gap of 127mm about 6cm each end. Does anyone have any recommendations or will this be a bit tight?

·
Registered
13,843 Posts
I bought the size up from what my car would fit in.

My thoughts..
It sounds like you are intending to use an outdoor carcoon. If so I would recommend paying more for the larger size because it will most likely move around in the wind and being as close as 60mm it will rub on the bodywork.

If it is in a garage then it probably does not matter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see on another forum someone who puts a car cover on before he puts it in a carcoon to protect the paintwork. So may do the same.

·
Registered
13,843 Posts
I did see on another forum someone who puts a car cover on before he puts it in a carcoon to protect the paintwork. So may do the same.
It will become a right faff to get the car in an out. When I used one in the garage I had six loops of thick string through provided loops on the top of the Carcoon. This 'aided' in removing the car as I would unzip the cover and then lift up the sides and place them as best as possible on the top (sometimes use the string loops to trap it). Then climb inside and get in the car, reverse/drive it out and obviously the top being hung up meant I did not have to place it to one side. You won't have that luxury outside.
If you have to do too much you will start to think "Ahh ****it, I'll take the daily" :wink_org:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts