Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to offend anybody here cause i am guest of this beautiful English forum and you guys are great.But just have a look at this,I know French,German and even us as Italians are very unfair when reviewing our cars and always are on the German side...
But look at this...the guy is tall,the seat fits well with the view,but he jacks up the seat until head touches the roof...says that the design is not good.
How stupid is this test?
Astonishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCcbLDul5DI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
518 Posts
Frankly if the material the heater vents are made out of is of concern to you, you must be seriously mentally deranged. God knows what point he was trying to make about adjusting the seat height, it simply backs up the deranged judgement.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ha I’ve been watching this today also.
Lets be honest if the video started with the seat height adjustment moan you would have written him off as a plonker and moved on doppio veloce
I’ve noticed that he puts drinks & chocolate in all the storage compartments in other reviews but never bothered to point out the glove box drinks rack etc in the G. It’s useful to be able to open the glove box wide from the drivers side and a passenger won’t need to open it so wide as to chop their own legs off.... Non issue

Some of it is fair to say, by all accounts SatNav is a bit iffy and the whole shins on dash and no clutch rest on the RHD are fair comments.
I've always had a bad habit of resting my foot (lightly) on the clutch pedal anyway I didn't even notice in any of my test drives.
The thing does smack of desperately finding something to moan about after 3 mins as the first 90 secs or so are all very positive but not nearly as much fun to watch as

Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 TB Veloce (New video) - YouTube

From 1:50 he's a kid in a candy store, no mention of anything but driving, noise, passion and Alfa fairy dust. Not even sure he noticed it had air vents

I'm yet to see a review where they sit in the back seat and show the RANGE of space available depending on the driver seat position. I can pitch a tent when the wife is driving. She would also require quite a bit of seat boostability to peer over the dash...

·
Registered
644 Posts
I don't want to offend anybody here cause i am guest of this beautiful English forum and you guys are great.But just have a look at this,I know French,German and even us as Italians are very unfair when reviewing our cars and always are on the German side...
But look at this...the guy is tall,the seat fits well with the view,but he jacks up the seat until head touches the roof...says that the design is not good.
How stupid is this test?
Astonishing.

Alfa Romeo Giulietta review - CarBuyer - YouTube
That guy acts like he's on a mission to ****-talk the car..excuse my language.
He looks like a chav which just means that I personally cannot relate to any of his opinions. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha I’ve been watching this today also.
Lets be honest if the video started with the seat height adjustment moan you would have written him off as a plonker and moved on doppio veloce
I’ve noticed that he puts drinks & chocolate in all the storage compartments in other reviews but never bothered to point out the glove box drinks rack etc in the G. It’s useful to be able to open the glove box wide from the drivers side and a passenger won’t need to open it so wide as to chop their own legs off.... Non issue

Some of it is fair to say, by all accounts SatNav is a bit iffy and the whole shins on dash and no clutch rest on the RHD are fair comments.
I've always had a bad habit of resting my foot (lightly) on the clutch pedal anyway I didn't even notice in any of my test drives.
The thing does smack of desperately finding something to moan about after 3 mins as the first 90 secs or so are all very positive but not nearly as much fun to watch as

Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 TB Veloce (New video) - YouTube

From 1:50 he's a kid in a candy store, no mention of anything but driving, noise, passion and Alfa fairy dust. Not even sure he noticed it had air vents

I'm yet to see a review where they sit in the back seat and show the RANGE of space available depending on the driver seat position. I can pitch a tent when the wife is driving. She would also require quite a bit of seat boostability to peer over the dash...
Nice video..brilliant guy..very funny indeed

·
Registered
114 Posts
:D
More of that! More fuel! more of that D MODE! and more of that noise, this is what cars are about this is the theatre of cars .... I think that going in my Sig

Just off to figure that one out ...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Frankly if the material the heater vents are made out of is of concern to you, you must be seriously mentally deranged. God knows what point he was trying to make about adjusting the seat height, it simply backs up the deranged judgement.
That guy acts like he's on a mission to ****-talk the car..excuse my language.
He looks like a chav which just means that I personally cannot relate to any of his opinions.
There were some good things in the 80's .. Kelly leBrock for instance ..... oops I said that out loud didn't I

It's as if Alfa are doing their very best to put HIM off this car.
I already feel my purchase choice vindicated :D hasn't even arrived yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a similar problem with the seats in my G, in that when I put the seats as far back as they will go, I cant reach the pedals! FFS Alfa, sort it out ;)
What a gonk.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I have a similar problem with the seats in my G, in that when I put the seats as far back as they will go, I cant reach the pedals! FFS Alfa, sort it out ;)
What a gonk.
FFS. This happens in my 147 too. Have Alfa learned NOTHING?

M

·
0 Posts
What a gonk.

:lol:

Seems like a pretty fair review by all accounts. The car does have little flaws in addition to the fantastic bits.
You have to admit though the seat point about front headroom is stupid. Just keep it lower, but if you were richard hammond you would find the seat height quite useful.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Air vents thing is also very sensible... And a few more. This review is plain stupid.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi Guys,
i got my Giulietta QV last Friday from UK (Brighton) and i was a bit disappointed with the pedal positions (in general the driving position).
As I live in Belgium now, I have tried a Left Hand Drive Giulietta (before purchasing my RHD) and the pedals were, in my opinion, in the correct position (accelerator pedal a bit lower). This is my 3rd Alfa (33-156) and I think that the basic problem is the transformation / adaptation of the driving position from the left to the right side, due to the lack of space from the wheel arch at the right. You can observe this difference between a LHD and a RHD from relevant photos in the internet.
Nevertheless i have to get used to it, as the others!!

Iacovos

1 - 14 of 14 Posts