Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna book my gta for carbon wrap, just wanted opinions. i have a miro red so am going with black carbon, should i just do the roof and wing mirrors, or go with bonnet and boot, as the extra price isnt that great, can remove the bonnet and boot later if im not feelin it. thanks. booked in for wed so your input would be appreciated. i have matt black prorace 1.2 with red lip.

·
0 Posts
im gonna book my gta for carbon wrap, just wanted opinions. i have a miro red so am going with black carbon, should i just do the roof and wing mirrors, or go with bonnet and boot, as the extra price isnt that great, can remove the bonnet and boot later if im not feelin it. thanks. booked in for wed so your input would be appreciated. i have matt black prorace 1.2 with red lip.
I personally wouldnt waste my money, the GTA looks amazing with zero modifications, leave the carbon to Subaru owners in their panda car look a likes.

M

·
0 Posts
Sure way to de-value your GTA, get yourself a corsa VXR instead. Alfas don't need modifying.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I think it would look really good but at you can see it's a bit of a marmite thing. Crucially you can take it off but personally I would rather throw the money at something else to make it drive better. I think a carbon roof would look good on mine but it isn't exactly a minger to start with - I would rather get a remap

Now scoobies on the other hand were designed by members of the RNIB and the more of them you cover up the better :)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep personal thing, will do roof and wing mirrors and see how i like, think it will go well with wheels etc, i understand not some peoples cup of tea (so that must mean i am not an enthusiast :)), not alot of money for me to waste, and im not the type to put looks before form, ive had the car for less than a year as ive always wanted a 156 gta and have already fitted q2 , fsds and eibach , few more suspension mods and a wizard of nos kit and my GTA will be finished.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I wouldnt be too keen on carbon look but I think I could see that black would look good........something like anthracite

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep pascs there gonna come to my shop with samples and have told them to bring matt black and anthracite as well :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Ayat. Search out Operationalfa's post on vinyl wrap. I posted a link and pics of textured vinyl that looks exactly like cf. That stuff is the only one I would even consider otherwise it will look like the stuff out of Halfords? And make sure you take a look at the firms other jobs to make sure they know how to do it properly. The firm in my links on Joe's thread are very well respected.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
these guys are cool , ive seen some of there cars. but will have a good look at samples they use 3m and ata which they prefer but said i can choose whichever i like.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
save the dosh and get a real cf bonnet and boot made? less weight more speed...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I think just the bonnet would cost more than a full in/out respray! Probably more than the car!!
dont think it would - i looked at replacing various panels on the 75 with GRP - was surprised how 'cheap' CF was as an alternative £200 for GRP and between £350 to £550 for CF depending on finish / strength for a bonnet

didnt end up doing it and 'invested' in a set of induvidual throttle bodies to play with... still playing..... and will be for a long time i imagine!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I would have thought it's the on-off nature that would command a premium, surely?
cant imagine he makes loads of 75 bits? bit of a limited market? love mine to bits despite it being a few inch shorter front and back than normal :( best slow car i've had.

·
Registered
900 Posts
When I get my ar*e into gear i want my roof wrapping in Anthracite to match the wheels and the wing mirrors and the lower rear diffuser.

Was going to do it when i bought it but then i visited Gus and came away with a remap and full Koni sports instead haha

Dont do the bonnet or the boot.

And the best thing is you can take it off when you sell it anyway and no one will care.

GET PICS UP ASAP AS IM DOING THIS WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY FREE

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
When I get my ar*e into gear i want my roof wrapping in Anthracite to match the wheels and the wing mirrors and the lower rear diffuser.

Was going to do it when i bought it but then i visited Gus and came away with a remap and full Koni sports instead haha

Dont do the bonnet or the boot.

And the best thing is you can take it off when you sell it anyway and no one will care.

GET PICS UP ASAP AS IM DOING THIS WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY FREE
WHS, roof only. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts