Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the carbon seats in the QV from the front, but the naked carbon rears have the whiff of Halfords about them. I like the idea of keeping the weight down but I really don't want it to look like a kn0b end mobile. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Always been a fan of carbon fiber and I like them. To each their own, I am worried about UV clears really and hope they don't get scuffed easily.

·
Registered
36,832 Posts
Do they lack airbags as the carbon seats in the Abarth and Mito?
There's something Public Service Vehicle about the rear view.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Public Service Vehicle, made me laugh. It's the rivets, I'm worried about the rivets. I believe there's going to be one at the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the end of the month, I'm hoping it's got the Halfords seats so I can have a good look.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Public Service Vehicle, made me laugh. It's the rivets, I'm worried about the rivets. I believe there's going to be one at the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the end of the month, I'm hoping it's got the Halfords seats so I can have a good look.
All airliners are fastened with rivets....thousands of them. When are you visiting FoS ?

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I love the look of them! Really hope Alfa are back at FoS and they have a few models (cars of course) to look at. I'm going from the Thursday to the Sunday!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I love the look of them! Really hope Alfa are back at FoS and they have a few models (cars of course) to look at. I'm going from the Thursday to the Sunday!
Yes they will be at Goodwood....Thursday will be interesting. Are you going in the silver machine ?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I love them but apparently they are manually adjusted. Dealbreaker for me!
How many times do you adjust your seat? I did it just once. Sometimes move it back/front for vacuuming.

Unless there are 3 or more people driving regularly the same car and you can store both seat AND mirrors positions, I see no point in electric steering.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Yes they will be at Goodwood....Thursday will be interesting. Are you going in the silver machine ?
Hope so! At NJS now having alternator sorted. Don't think I will have time to get paint work sorted though unfortunately. A group of us go down each year and camp in the campsite opposite the Goodwood hotel. Its a great weekend, that seems to keep getting extended! Such a great event, especially on the Thursday and Friday when it's a lot quieter than the weekend.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hope so! At NJS now having alternator sorted. Don't think I will have time to get paint work sorted though unfortunately. A group of us go down each year and camp in the campsite opposite the Goodwood hotel. Its a great weekend, that seems to keep getting extended! Such a great event, especially on the Thursday and Friday when it's a lot quieter than the weekend.
Sounds an excellent adventure. I need to book mine in with Neil for service, MOT and paintwork oh a little engine work for a new set of pistons, lower suspension arms .......might not have it back in time though.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actively dislike electrically adjusted seats. They move slowly and weigh a ton. I have an 8-series BMW with 5 million way (approx.) electrically adjustable seats. When I took the driver's seat out I could barely lift the thing it was so heavy.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Think they look fab. Have them in my own car, though it came with them rather than me driving through Halfords :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love a carbon themed interior, carbon dash, steering wheel, center console, door trims, etc, but that's not what i see in the photos, there's no carbon theme, just two massive pieces of carbon that look very out of place, the exposed bolts don't help, the rear seat trim doesn't even match the fronts! Or at least that's how it looks to me in the photos, the fronts seem much darker? Either way, there's still no carbon theme.

It looks like an unfinished halfords project, wtf Alfa?

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
... the rear seat trim doesn't even match the fronts! Or at least that's how it looks to me in the photos, the fronts seem much darker?
Look closer at the two pics, they are different cars.

One has white stitching and light panels, the other has red stitching and dark panels
(You can see the door trims and dash in both pics)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts