Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering fitting carbon fibre wrap / sunroof vinyl on the Guili. I want that panoramic sunroof effect. I've been told that the 3m is the best quality.
What's your input? Have any of you had this done?

G

·
I was at the wrapping place about to have it done, before I changed my mind...
The few things I took away from it, thanks mostly to the place actually having their own in-house white G that they wrapped the roof in gloss black -
- even the glossiest black (including quality 3M stuff) looks fairly dull once on the roof and more so the moment it is just a little dirty - it then looks cheap and even less like 'glass'
- carbon fiber is definitely the way to go if you want to have it done - a fair amount more expensive than the plain black vinyl, but the plus is that it doesn't look cheap - dirty or not
- there are also some really cool new vinyl designs out - maybe look at doing something in black, but different to the norm
- what I almost did and I still think it will look really cool is to do the whole roof in the new chrome vinyl - then either wrap the mirror caps in chrome or get the factory chrome caps
- don't be tempted to run the vinyl over onto the rear hatch and spoiler - it looks stupid!
- if you do have it done - anything under R2000 for the roof is either cheap vinyl or it isn't a very professional place/job...
Hope that helps! - mostly my opinion!

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Guili had his carbon wrapped and besides looking insane, he wasn't too happy with it. I've seen some quality black stuff on a car once, looks like Piano Black and is high gloss and twice as thick as normal wrap (like the stuff on a Merc's B-Pillar) and that was seriously awesome but seriously expensive. You could probably have had a glass roof fitted for the cost of that stuff.

This is available at the suppliers to the SA Motor industry (those who supply the gloss plastic for MB in East London or BMW in Roslyn).

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I am considering fitting carbon fibre wrap / sunroof vinyl on the Guili. I want that panoramic sunroof effect. I've been told that the 3m is the best quality.
What's your input? Have any of you had this done?
i bought a roll from MAX motorsport, R50 it covered my entire roof on my Hyundai fitted it myself....but i wont advise it for the Alfa..i say get the best quality and someone recommended to fit it..
Gremlin Audio is pretty good they wraps are very nicely done..

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice, guys.
Been off forum for a while- cellphone problems.

Maybe I should abandon this idea of carbon wrap?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought a roll from MAX motorsport, R50 it covered my entire roof on my Hyundai fitted it myself....but i wont advise it for the Alfa..i say get the best quality and someone recommended to fit it..
Gremlin Audio is pretty good they wraps are very nicely done..
I've been to Gremlin but they don't do wraps. Zevs customIsing next door does but they don't use quality wraps for the roof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts