Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a carbon fibre grill off Ali express ?

Are they any good ?

Does it fit over the existing one or is it a replacement ?

·
Registered
958 Posts
They're all stick on from Ali Express. Replacement requires bumper off. You get what you pay for in the end, like any of the carbon style stick on bits. Some are better quality than others but most aren't proper carbon, or not 100% carbon anyway. Depends what you're after really. I wouldn't stick cheapo bits onto mine but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got a cheap eBay grill on mine .. it looks fine IMO ... couldn’t bring myself to spend £400 plus for one that’s just stuck on

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a cheap eBay grill on mine .. it looks fine IMO ... couldn’t bring myself to spend £400 plus for one that’s just stuck on
That sounds like it would be OK for me if it looks OK
is it a stick on one ?
which ebayer did you get it off

·
Registered
191 Posts
The £400 ones are full grills - require bumper off and replacement, they're not stick ons.

Sorry but there are £400 plus full carbon grills that are just stuck on ..and I would definitely not consider removing the bumper to have one fitted .. wouldn’t trust anyone to do that

·
Registered
958 Posts
Sorry but there are £400 plus full carbon grills that are just stuck on ..and I would definitely not consider removing the bumper to have one fitted .. wouldn’t trust anyone to do that
Agreed about the bumper, very risky, and I stand corrected too, there are a couple of more expensive stick ons (Koshi etc.), apologies. Just don't get why people stick on £50 faux carbon piece to a £40k plus car. Each to their own I suppose.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That sounds like it would be OK for me if it looks OK
is it a stick on one ?
which ebayer did you get it off
Hi hector56 , if you look at my previous post “Cheapskate” the details and pics are there , I did get a bit of stick on the forum for doing it :rotate: but it’s still perfectly fine 9 months later later and I’m more than happy with it

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi hector56 , if you look at my previous post “Cheapskate” the details and pics are there , I did get a bit of stick on the forum for doing it :rotate: but it’s still perfectly fine 9 months later later and I’m more than happy with it
Thanks Alan - i just ordered one off ebay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts