Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of some of the Carbon features, by the display images anyway.

But I would like to see your carbon features you've added (Wing mirrors, grill, dash trims etc), so show them off and help me decide if I really do want them in my life as I really like the look of the spoiler and wing mirrors.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I know cue2 has the mirrors. I've seen the the grill in the flesh and wasn't impressed, looked cheap. I like the idea of the carbon skirts though.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I'm looking at doing the gearknob, dash trim and rear valance as the next mods for my GQV, but these items are very expensive.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a search for 'carbon' on this forum and found the odd one or two threads that mainly focused on the grill and one on a carbon steering wheel but that was for the Mito and the link didn't work, but I couldn't see any thread that focused on all the possible carbon accessories you can get and had a lot of images of AO users uses of it on their different style G's.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know cue2 has the mirrors. I've seen the the grill in the flesh and wasn't impressed, looked cheap. I like the idea of the carbon skirts though.
There is carbon skirts for the sides too? I only know there was one for the back

I'm looking at doing the gearknob, dash trim and rear valance as the next mods for my GQV, but these items are very expensive.
If I did get the dash trim done I would have to get the gear knob too :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I don't think Alfa sell many due to the price, and the fact that they look identical to a carbon 3M film wrap and no one believes you really spent £350 on real carbon wing mirror covers.

You can probably make the same weight saving as moving to carbon wingmirror covers by using the windscreen washer for 30 seconds to empty so water out...

·
Registered
33,771 Posts
The mirror caps don't look identical to 3M and anyway , do you go to a restaurant to eat the food or be seen eating it? (Lol)
They are pricey though .
I'd be surprised if they are any lighter too!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have carbon bits and pieces on mine but skirts aren't carbon
Do you have any images you can show off so we can see how they look in action?

Thanks, also I have the 1.6 version so I'm obviously not looking for any performance gains, its entirely cosmetic for me but it is nice to know if there is any weight performance improvements.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the updates & images, the contrast of the carbon on white really goes well as you would expect. I think my favourite is deffinetly the carbon dash inside really improves the interior and the spoiler on the back looks good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts