1 - 20 of 27 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who pack their massive rolling traffic jam
with all their creature comforts from home including food
and drink and then drag it all down here to clog up the roads,
contributing nothing but pollution and congestion to the local area.

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGG!

Sorry, just spent 4 hours having to leap frog swarms of them.

·
Super Moderator
22,993 Posts
Yeah - but just think - if you were that person imagine the satisfaction as you enjoy ice cold drinks and maybe a meal from your fridge as you see the frustration on the faces of all those held up by you as you ..... well erm.. you prepare drinks and meals.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It`s probably only the fact the horse face Beckett "enjoys" caravaning that has stopped the one eyed scot from taxing them.Actually that`s not a bad idea. Lobby you MP, increase road tax for caravan draggers and restrict their movements to the hours between 02:00 and 04:00 with severe penalties for those found in possesion of a towbar and leather backed driving gloves :cheese:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...Caravan were one of my favourite bands from the 70's, I just thought I'd throw that in the mix...:eek:

·
Registered
854 Posts
If spending 2 weeks in a tin box is so appealing why not book a shanty town holiday in Soweto or an all inclusive fortnight in a Brazillian favela :cheese:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
...Caravan were one of my favourite bands from the 70's, I just thought I'd throw that in the mix...:eek:
With a lead vocalist called " Pye Hastings ".......:rolleyes:

Saw them live many times in fact, just thought I would throw that into the mixing desk as well !!!!.......:lol::lol:

·
Registered
854 Posts
With a lead vocalist called " Pye Hastings ".......:rolleyes:

Saw them live many times in fact, just thought I would throw that into the mixing desk as well !!!!.......:lol::lol:
PYE used to make televisions, not for caravans though, they apparently refused point blank to endorse or associate their products with such futile pursuits, although they did allow their logo to be used in the War of the Worlds.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
AH, Yes indeed.........PYE, a brand name in the 60 /70's......forgotten about them !!!!!!.......:lol::lol:.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
AH, Yes indeed.........PYE, a brand name in the 60 /70's......forgotten about them !!!!!!.......:lol::lol:.
Only 2 years ago i was selling PYE dvd recorders and combi units. They where actually rebranded Philips products. They were also absolutely balls.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Only 2 years ago i was selling PYE dvd recorders and combi units. They where actually rebranded Philips products. They were also absolutely balls.

Perhaps you could call your Goldfish..... PYE then !!!!!!!

Another name for the Poll, methinks !!!!!....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Meanwhile, back on Topic........

Where I live, down here in Swansea, there are literally 100's of Caravans heading down toward the Gower Peninsula over last / this weekend, and it ALWAYS causes mayhem around the narrow twisty turns, over the Beach routes, so we are used to it !!!!.......

·
Registered
764 Posts
I don't get it, with the cost of buying them plus the insurance and extra fuel, food and so on you could pay for a lot of decent holidays for that plus a better car too probably. I just can't see the attraction at all, goes right over my head.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I don't get it, with the cost of buying them plus the insurance and extra fuel, food and so on you could pay for a lot of decent holidays for that plus a better car too probably. I just can't see the attraction at all, goes right over my head.
I think its a serious disease / addiction myself !!!!!......:rolleyes::lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... add people who drive huge camper vans into old towns with narrow
streets (and clearly posted height/width restrictions) to the list of
proscribed tourists. :mad:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
We have just got a tiny Fiat Amigo (900) campervan. With 38bhp on tap I pull over every so often to let faster traffic past.

Its not difficult, ...and you feel better doing it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I once drove a camper van in the Republic of Ireland. On the main "N" roads and a lot of "R" roads, there are hard shoulders.

The protocol along a normal 2 lane road is actually to pull into and drive along the hard shoulder (so long as there are no obstacles of course), and let the car/cars behind past. They would usually thank by hazards, to which you flash an acknowledgement.

A wee tip there for anyone holidaying in ROI :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I saw a caravan on it's side blocking the entire dual carriageway on the way back from Rotherham today, that will teach people for driving too fast whilst it's windy. It looked like everyone else managed to avoid it thankfully :rolleyes:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I saw a caravan on it's side blocking the entire dual carriageway on the way back from Rotherham today, that will teach people for driving too fast whilst it's windy. It looked like everyone else managed to avoid it thankfully :rolleyes:
Saw one on the hard shoulder on the M6, lopsided, looked as though the nearside wheel had come off judging by the angle. Not sure what happened but there were three or four other cars there and a couple of police cars.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is no lower speed limit here for caravan tow-ers.
And no restriction about going into the 3rd lane on an autoroute.

Or so it would appear by the way they all drive. :eek:

(The only one's that seem to know what they are doing are the
Gitanes.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts