Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys having an issue with the GTA, used it Thursday totally fine, then Friday nothing.
Car won't turn over don't even think the fuel pump is engaging anyhow I've measured the volts on the battery and got just over 10V, checked all the terminal connections and the two fuse boxes in the engine bay and can't find nothing untoward with any of the fuses, also the earth was checked and was fine. So does anyone have any ideas?
Radio does not work
Windows does not work
Lights work as does centol locking
No error messages

Going to.double check all the fuses now
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like your battery to me, mine struggled starting the other week and i measured just less than 12 volts, new battery and its sorted. 10v is way to low.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Batteries don't go as low as 10V without reason, so you got either dead battery, dead alternator, or current leak. If you're still on the original battery I'd wager that's the failing item, which would be the best of the alternatives as it's easy+cheap to fix.

You haven't noticed cranking being slower/longer than usual lately? My battery went the other week but showed signs long before actually giving up.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After stripping the engine down a few months ago had to recharge the battery then. The battery is still original as far as I'm aware so that needs replacing and I've got an alternator ready to go on when I put all the front suspension on in the next week or so but maybe brought forward now lol

·
Vendor
45,307 Posts
Sounds like your battery has lost a cell. Its done remarkably well to last this long!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Battery.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts