Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 3 5.3%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had your car in to a Main Dealer for a Service would you expect it to be washed when it is given back to you?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
100% yes, main dealers earn enough money for services so the least they can do is wash the car! The dealer i work for has every car that comes through service washed before its picked up by its owner.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
No, as long as they've done a good job on the service that's all I'm bothered about.

Besides, they never wash it well enough, whenever a dealer has washed my car at service time, I only have to do it again when I get home.

The only thing worse than a dirty car is a badly-washed car.:rant:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I went for other.

It would be good if they did, but only if they did it properly. Too often it's a 16 year old boy going mad with a pressure washer. I once took a previous car to MacHargs where they "washed" it after a service. The car was immaculate as I had washed it two days previous. It came back dirtier than when it went in. Thanks guys....

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yes.
If I'm spending a few hundred quid with a dealer, the least I can expect them to do is wahs the vehicle before returning it to me.

This is one of my gripes with Piccadilly. They will take the car for a long test run through all of the sh1te in the countryside and then return it to you in a worse state of cleanliness than it first was! :( :rolleyes:

Its called 'service'. :)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Yes - for the amount we pay the main dealers, I would expect that as part of their customer service.

Meridien Milano (Portsmouth) did a pretty good job on my car at it's last service. :cool:

However, Solent Nissan did not wash Mrs.GC's Micra when it went in for it's last service, despite the fact that we paid almost as much for that service as we did for the 156. :rant: :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
No chance in France.
In fact I expect it to come back covered in
crap, as they store customer cars on the roof
at my dealer.

:rolleyes:

(So: Other)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yes... and to be cleaned inside too !! ;)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Well, in consideration to the question as to whether I would 'expect' it to be washed, the answer would be 'yes'. A few years ago I wouldn't have expected this, and it was always a nice suprised when it was done. However, because most mail dealer now do this as routine, its disapointing when they don't do it - basically they've raised my expectations.

However, as Ode hints at, to be honest I would prefer they service the car propoerly rather than offer such gimmicks - however noce the gimmick is.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
As a company car driver it was nice when I got my car back valeted- as long as I wasn't paying the bill.
As a private motorist I don't want to pay top rates for an easy job that I routinely do anyway.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
However, because most mail dealer now do this as routine, its disapointing when they don't do it - basically they've raised my expectations.
Blimey your postie washes your car !! :eek:

Now that's what i call service !! :p :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
My car always goes to the dealer spotless, and if it wasn't for the current water restrictions, they would automatically wash it again!

H

·
0 Posts
Damn right

It cost an arm and a leg so the least they can do is throw in a full valet inside and out.

Mangoes have always done a decent job on mine Just give it a good waxing when I get home :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
If you had your car in to a Main Dealer for a Service would you expect it to be washed when it is given back to you?

They always do that for me. :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts