Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we take our babies for a nice shampoo and vacuum of course. Now be warned our cars have a slot where I tend to keep my petrol card by the handbrake. When they are inside your care notice how their phones come out on a fake call - what they are doing is taking a photo of your petrol card and sending it on to a phone scammer who rang me up to say he is from UTI couriers and wants a delivery address for my about to expire credit card. He knew the exact month and date this is due and because mine is a company petrol card it was easy enough for him to google my business and get contact info.

So all of us that love our cars, with there conveinent holders and slots BE WARNED.
I played him for a while and then ended the call.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Good heads-up warning. I've made a habit of always keeping all my goodies in my wallet. I always keep my wallet with me, especially when other people may be gaining access to my vehicle like car washes and having it serviced. I also never have my cards couriered to me, I choose the closest depot and collect my card from them. Courier companies also have contractors working for them periodically, people whom they may not screen as thotoughly as they would their own employees and you never know what people may be capable of!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Also used to keep card in car...now keep in wallet...also NEVER let them wash my car without my EYES on them EVERY SECOND!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts