Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My 156 2.4 JTD (150) judders when pulling off from standstill in first gear. Once the gear is engaged all is fine all through the gears. The only time it has juddered changing gear is if i change from 1st to 2nd quickly, as if the clutch cant engage quick enough!

I have had this issue since owning the car a few months ago although it's not as bad now it's had new clutch and flywheel, but the issue is still there. My brother has the 2.4JTD (140) with an oldish clutch and it is much smoother pulling off from standstill.

The odd thing is, if i engage reverse and do the same thing, the car pulls away smoothly.

For example, if i am in 1st gear at standstill and lift the clutch to move away (no throttle) the car judders until the clutch is fully engaged. If i do that in reverse, there is no judder at all.

The engine also vibrates the car a little on idle and i am aware this could be any of the engine mounts but probably not related to the judder.

Could the gearbox/engine mount have anything to do with this??

It also seems like it could be flywheel related, but this was replaced a month ago??

Any ideas??

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
482 Posts
You should check:

• engine mounts
  • drive axles
  • clutch/dmf

Little remap can help (idle up, soi etc).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Was the clutch and release bearing changed at the same time as the DMF?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts