Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the 147 in a quiet part of the estate near my kids new school (parents evening etc), came back to see 3 really young kids (7-ish) swinging tree prunings around. Suspiciously they buggered off pretty sharp as we came up the hill. Approaching from the rear the totally knackered bonnet was only visible when we got home...:cry:

Quite how these little bastards managed to inflict so many dents and scratches for their age is astounding, of course the plod only confirmed that being under 10 they were not legally liable for their actions, and looking at the scummy bunch of houses I suspect they bolted into Mommy and Daddy won't be too fussed:mad: . So once again society deems that those it considers able to pay have to, regardless of blame.:rant:

I told my own son about it and was overjoyed to hear him say that his mates joked that as they are all approaching 10 they can now get into trouble for their actions. The very fact that kids know this kind of stuff these days makes me very sad.

If these little ratfinks are capable of this at 7, I hope they have a great future behind them.

·
Registered
959 Posts
What you want, is to find a really mean 7 yr old to go and beat them up lol.:lol: its a tall order but could be quite satisfying.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
As other's have said its very sad to read about this :( :( :(

As it was a Parents evening I assume it was late'ish and I just wonder what kind of parents would let their 7 kids out in the road at this this time - obviously the kind that don't give a stuff about teaching them right from wrong :mad: :mad: :mad:

You should report it to the police though - even if its only to have it recorded as a crime

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:( :( :(

Sorry to hear about that mate !!

Personally I'd find some other local kids of a similar age... and slip 'em a tenner to kick the **** out of the little tw4ts !! :mad:

;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesss.....thanks, I would never have thought of hiring 7 year old hitmen! Funny enough a workmate's son is a right little bruiser and learning Taikwando as well, shame he goes to a different school;).

Have found out the family involved today, and confirmed my first suspicions as to the house involved. The fact that it looks like Steptoe's yard tells its own story. The upshot is our insurer reacted very swiftly and can take the car in tomorrow, the NCB is protected, and the excess is only £50 (forgot that, thought it was much higher). My first thought would be a new panel, but after bad experiences last time the missus crashed her car the difference between replacement quality parts and OE are huge. Bearing that in mind I would accept a repair if the bodyshop looks competent (Clarks in Sunderland anyone??).

The only buggeration in all this is the car was mint; I have had cars in the past which looked like they have been shotblasted with stonechips and secretly longed for a gentle knock to enable some FOC restoration.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I always console myself with the fact that in 20 years time that 7 old scroat will have grown up, got a job and worked hard to buy himself a car that is his pride and joy.... and some vandal will put a key down it.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold after all.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
What you want, is to find a really mean 7 yr old to go and beat them up lol.:lol: its a tall order but could be quite satisfying.
You could pay a 9 year old to beat the living crap outa them :D

L

·
0 Posts
It's the parents i blame. There's no fecking discipline these days. All they want is the kid out of their hair so they can do what they want and they're not in the slightest bit bothered what their little 'darlings' get up to. Makes me so angry. I could go on but my blood pressure is getting dangerously high!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I always console myself with the fact that in 20 years time that 7 old scroat will have grown up, got a job and worked hard to buy himself a car that is his pride and joy.... and some vandal will put a key down it.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold after all.
In prison more like...

Gutted for ya, hope it gets sorted soon. :(

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's the parents i blame. There's no fecking discipline these days. All they want is the kid out of their hair so they can do what they want and they're not in the slightest bit bothered what their little 'darlings' get up to. Makes me so angry. I could go on but my blood pressure is getting dangerously high!

Agreed..... my dad is always saying" you need a licence to drive , a licence to keep a dog, but any pair of idiots can bring a kid into the world" i have to admit i agree with his logic.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts