Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a twin axle car trailer that I use for multiple purposes, but I want another more compact trailer to devote entirely to my GTV/Spiders for shows etc.
I am possibly looking at single axle caravan chassis and converting by welding in extra support braces.
Have any of you got a single axle trailer as I am unsure how to work out weight pressure on a single axle set up.
Does it carry your Alfa/alternative car ok?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I have answered my own question. On doing research, it appears that a single axle set up will not be strong enough when fully loaded, so will probably try and find a relatively compact single axle and look to see if there is room to introduce an extra axle.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I have nearly every trailer & applicable caravan chassis on Ebay currently on watch. I am leaning towards a twin axle caravan chassis and then getting the MIG out to improve it.
I paid nearly 1600 quid for my Brian James transporter, which I use for general car transportation but just want a cheapo/ homemeade especially for my Alfas to plod along to local shows etc. May even cover it and then paint it with Alfa Logo's etc on the side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts