Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the standard fit stereo a few months ago for a cheapo kenwood as that plays AAC straight off a usb stick. Worked ok apart from the dicky turn on due to stupidly cheap buttons. It has to be pressed and held in just the right way or it won't go on. Off it isn't so fussy. Change source it isn't so fussy. Leave on standby, it isn't so fussy.

Now today it doesn't turn on at all. Doesn't matter how much I push the 'on' button either a fast stab, press and hold, Thumb or any other appendage, it isn't coming on.

Anything I can check or is it a case of sending it back as faulty and asking for a replacement/repair? I bought it last September but it was ages before I got round to getting it fitted.

Factory one did turn on and off reliably. It's just the rest of it's performance that wasn't any good :)

Or is there something obvious it is likely to be eg it's been fitted incorrectly or it's blown a fuse in the fuse box... I have no idea where the fuse box is and which fuse is for the stereo...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Caught out by the poor build quality of the kenwood. It has shaken the fascia loose with the crappy roads. Only solution is to take off fascia, surround, reset it. Put it all back together. Even when it is supposedly back together there is some movement in the HU fascia. I've removed the other surround so it only has the standard one not the alfa one. Leaves a gap but it seems slightly more secure than before. My previous kenwood was never this flakey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts