Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Having lived with my silver gtv for a year, ive decided to have the miss-match colours sorted.

The following is wrong...

1. Drivers door and rear panel are a darker silver.
2. Ditto with the rear bumper.
3. 'Heart' part of the bonnet

A lot of it is only noticable when there is brigh sunshine on the car - but it looks a mess when it does!

I can appreciate SILVER is a sod of a colour to match... so can anyone recommend any decent body repairers that can match the paintwork excatly?? Im in the portsmouth, southampton, sussex area...

ps.... can they match the paintwork exactly?

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
Hi All

Having lived with my silver gtv for a year, ive decided to have the miss-match colours sorted.

The following is wrong...

1. Drivers door and rear panel are a darker silver.
2. Ditto with the rear bumper.
3. 'Heart' part of the bonnet

A lot of it is only noticable when there is brigh sunshine on the car - but it looks a mess when it does!

I can appreciate SILVER is a sod of a colour to match... so can anyone recommend any decent body repairers that can match the paintwork excatly?? Im in the portsmouth, southampton, sussex area...

ps.... can they match the paintwork exactly?
Portslade Panel Works just down from the greyhound stadium in Hove are supposed to be good, I think Mercedes in Brighton use them.

Half tempted to see if we can get a joint discount on getting two silver cars done at once!

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Your choice

Portslade Panel Works just down from the greyhound stadium in Hove are supposed to be good, I think Mercedes in Brighton use them.

Half tempted to see if we can get a joint discount on getting two silver cars done at once!
Ignore my advice? Why do you think I use Bill?

Clive

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
The op did ask for recommendations, with an s Clive. Its not a competition mate :)

·
Registered
13,035 Posts

Clive
Did I do something wrong by giving him options Clive? :confused: Perhaps the OP might want to compare quotations.

As it happens, I did get a quotation for the Gtv a few years ago from PPW and while I believe their workmanship is of very good quality, that comes at a premium..., so I might even look your man up.

The op did ask for recommendations, with an s Clive. Its not a competition mate :)
Yes.

·
Registered
488 Posts
RW Masters in Littlehampton is superb - timescales are not great but quality more than makes up for it - he does a lot of stuff for mcLaren so its fair to say he turns out good work

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Try reading between the lines.....

Clive
As it happens, I did get a quotation for the Gtv a few years ago from PPW and while I believe their workmanship is of very good quality, that comes at a premium..., so I might even look your man up.
.....I'm trying to be diplomatic...for once....., especially as I know PPWs.

If it was a competition, I've got nothing to gain/win.

Clive

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
There is a guy who's name escapes me in the small trading estate in Rustington where the VW/Audi Breakers is. He did an excellent job of repairing accident damage on my 155. If it's of interest let me know and I'll delve a bit deeper to remember his name and tel no. I've sold the car so i don't have the bill any more.

I had a Porsche repaired by Portslade Panelworks, they lost the deal with Porsche Rivervale shortly afterwards and I was quite underwhelmed by the quality of work which was an expensive insurance claim. I won't go into detail but I certainly wouldn't recommend them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have to say I used Clive's advice to get my partner's car painted after my friend had dented it in France. I was really happy with Bill's work and the colour match he achieved. He finished exactly when he said he would and the price was reasonable. As my own silver spider has just got a scratched bumper (not my fault) I intend to pay him a visit in the new year. Thanks again Clive and starkers for the advice when I needed it last. The other Clive Hove.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts