Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently in the market for an Afa 156 and have seen one locally that is a 1999 plate but when I did a HPI check it came back as being first registered in the Uk in 2006, what would be the likely cause of this anomaly, everything else checked out ok, by the way it looks like a UK spec (left hand drive), Any help much appreciated.
Mike

·
Registered
322 Posts
hpi is correct the first time the car was registered in the uk would have been 2006 but the dvla would have given the car a plate from 1999 if the car was an import. which it obviously is. If it was brand new it would have got an 06 plate

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which UK are you talking about? ;) It should be right hand drive.

If it's indeed LHD then it's an import which would explain the dates.
Sorry, I meant right-hand drive, it was the end of a long day when I wrote the original post! :eek:

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
With the various taxation rules etc that seem to be flying out of DVLA thick and fast it would mean you'd have to keep a keen eye on making sure they classify your car correctly. It might also cause an issue with what tests they do at MOT time re emmissions etc in future if they mix up the dates.

I have a 1966 car which was exported out of the UK in 1970 and came back in 1989 and even though it's got it's original 1966 UK number plate it is officially "first registered" in 1989. If I look at my last few MOTs it is a patchwork of which date they use on the cars paperwork (although it's not a problem with the current tests).

Since your dates (built 99, registered 06) span the 2001 cut off date for tax evaluation you want to make sure that the paperwork is all ship shape in case they start over taxing you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts