Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio in my "new" '72 GTV 2000 works great in FM but the AM band produces only white noise. Is this a common problem for old period radios? It is a Blaupunkt Autoradio Frankfurt US 7639670 with AM and FM pushbuttons. I'd really like to get it working as it is the original.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
silly question, but you sure the antenna connection hasn't come out the back?

Or, just buy another! There are plenty on german ebay for not a lot of money!
It was a fairly common radio here fitted to cars as diverse as the Beetle and the E type!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I also have a period Blaupunkt and the AM section did not work when I first got it. After playing around with a new aerial, earthing etc I took it to a semi-retired local bloke who did TV and radio repairs for many years. The problem was that it needed the AM circuit to be realigned internally as it had drifted off over the years. Works really well now and it has LW/MW/SW and FM.

There is a small amount of adjustment you can do yourself to match the tuner circuit to your aerial. You should see a tiny screw head somewhere on the front that is a trim to set the aerial. I think you need to try and tune the radio as best you can to a station in the middle of the dial and then adjust the trim for the clearest reception.

If you are interested I also have a simple circuit that allows you to plug in your mp3 player to the back of the radio, using the 8-track input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts