Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car pulls right when accelerating and left when decelerating but steering wheel remains in the same position, any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's toe (no jokes please)

Is this the usual thing that goes first
Too much Toe : Too much acceleration.

And i have no idea. Ive just seen a car with nackered wishbones and bushes and as the wheels dont stay streight when increasing or decreasing speed, this could be the problem.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,623 Posts
definitely sounds like wishbone bushes to me, had this on my V6 and thats what it was. you need new wishbones

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for the help. The wishbones seam easy enough to replace and not hugely expensive so i'll change them next weekend and let you all know the result.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can check by pushing the wheel towards the back of your car from the front with your foot. If it moves then they are nackered. They are only 30 quid or so for the wishbones, and are easy to fit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,

reckon a couple of hours for changing wishbones. Bit of a pig to do first time around, getting the peg in the hole.

Toe (toe-in, toe-out) is the angle the wheels make when viewed from above. Zero toe, the wheels will both be dead straight pointing ahead. Toe-in, both wheels are both pointing to a point in front of you. Toe-out pointing to a point behind you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Test to see if there is any play in the wheels first. If not have a 4 wheel alignment done £30, if there is then get the wishbnes done. Time, depends on how good you are with spanners. I done them on my ibiza that i had before which was a bit of a *****, the driveshafts had to come out of the hub, and the engine off the mounts and jacked up to get the bolt off out of the carrier. But still only 3 hours, and i didnt have a clue what i was doing to be honest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts