Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted some advice, noticed today when i was on the motorway coming home when i hit the throttle the car pulls to the right and steering wheel pulls to the left to counteract, never really noticed it before and is when it accelerates. i think suspension is ok so was thinking engine mount?.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my mum said check the tyre pressure ill check that out in a bit, tyre thread should be even as both tyres were replaced at the same time not a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lower arms replaced 26k miles ago so ill check them out, hopefully if i get some eibach arbs next week ill renew everything in one go.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was done at autolusso when hey did a full Cambelt change and spark plugs, it hasn't had any major work done since, 26k miles ago 18th sep 2009 :), its not due due for a while, I know the subframe needs to be dropped for the front antiroll bar which is a good few hours might be an idea to fit my gtv manifolds and equal length downpipes that are sitting in my garage :)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
When mine has been standing a while the brakes can stick and it pulls a bit. It clears after a few miles though. Probably not that in this case I guess? Hope it's something straight forward

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, thanks. Ned would it make sense doin the gtv manifolds while doing the anti-roll bars as I would like to fit at the soonest sensible time? Would love to get the engine bay sorted cos it's a mess I.e some powder coating.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Cool, thanks. Ned would it make sense doin the gtv manifolds while doing the anti-roll bars as I would like to fit at the soonest sensible time? Would love to get the engine bay sorted cos it's a mess I.e some powder coating.
I don't think GTV CF2 manifolds are ever a good idea, I have said this before, they do give good powder improvements but they don't fit past the power steering and oil cooler pipes, it is only a matter of time before someone's pipes chafe through and we get split cooler pipes and an engine fail

We do have engines in stock so it's not the end of the world ;)

Ned

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
mine was pulling like this, but it is sorn waiting for me to do all suspension arms and bushes.
i am going against the grind though as i will be fitting strongflex bushes all round with new arms.
i really want to fit the gtv manifolds i am sititng on that for the time being though

G

·
0 Posts
Don't want to gloat but mine has no pulling or torque steer. I surprised a Porsche GT3 driver who I took out for a spin and he said "does it have much torque steer?" I took my hands off the wheel and floored it, straight as a die:) He was most impressed!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok thought I would update, advice was sound all round, went to get mot, upper drivers side arm ball joint had play, previous owner replaced both lowers, but only nearside upper arm, so will replace both sides. More alarmingly my nearside front tyre was illegal in the middle, car failed on this so had to replace. I had 2 new 452 falkens at the front, driver side is good, but I think this was more so pulling the car. Don't know if the tyre pressure was too high or something but will be checking frequently in the future.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't driven it yet cos of the weather, dad got it mot when I was at work bless him. Will test when weather is better.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok checked tyre pressure and tested and there is no pulling anymore so was defo the tyre if anything slight pull but nothing major the other direction now it has been replaced. Never experienced pulling like that due to tyre wear. I had falken 452s all round but now they have put some cruddy budget tyre(jinyu yu60. Lol, £45) on the front so I have two different on the front axle, not happy but needed the mot. Might put them to the rear. I should have kept an eye on them but they were not that old. I'm gonna go back to my teledials soon, might as well use these tyres up first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts