Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping AM69 will help out here.

paul, seeing that you work in the car industry could you be a pal and give me an estimation as to what the resale value of my car is...I used to have a link to mead and could check to my hearts content but obviously that changed a while ago.

here's the specs if you're not sure.

1997 145
2.0l with abs, airconditioning(which works), power steering, central locking, airbag, alarm,no cracks or chips on the windscreen, radio/cd, no smoke, service history(not a full one as I bought it from you guys without one), mileage 207 555kms

ta ;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sheesh dude, I wouldn't buy that thing back after reading all the kak you've had with it... haha.. Think It's worth a lot more than what the M+M value would say, I don't have my palm computer with me so I can only get bookvalues for you in the am. You would get a better price selling it to another alfisti who appreciates the rarity of a well looked after145. If my car was paid off I would buy it from you...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
its half the price now that its gestamp!

Damn PO...you gona sell it and FINALY come to your senses and buy the 7?:cheese:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Trade is R24100 Retail is R37800, February books.. Like a slap in the face. Sell it privately for R45K, someone who appreciates Alfas will buy it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sorry to say Cerrone, but you won't get R45k that Paul is suggesting! At the very maximum I'd say R40k is realistic.

I sold my 2000 145 2.0 with 126 000km on the clock, and it was a facelift with 15" Teledials, for R48k a year ago! The car was in an excellent condition, and everything worked, had a full service history, and no problems - ever.

Don't expect too much for it. The market isn't on our side. And it's an Alfa. Took me 4 months to sell my 145!! :lol:

·
Registered
665 Posts
You could be right, I'm just so used to my boss overcharging people. If the car stands at a dealership the people will pay R45K, selling privately the people tend to do more research and will pay a more realistic price. Corona... if you wanna sell it and can be without it for a while we will be happy to park it for you on our other stand in alberton, minimal charge if we sell it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for the info paul...much appreciated.

not selling the car now,just wanted to get a feeling what they're going for...there's way too many other things on my mind at the moment...

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
i always wanted a 145.. but just to strip it out and put a hairdryer on it

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly would love to convert the 145 from a FWD to a RWD, that idea has been taunting me for a while, add to that a lekke ported and flowed head, regrind cams, titanium lifters and ITB's, joh...NA is boss my man.

oh yes, why was your phone off the whole day boet, I tried calling but a lady kept telling me..."Please try again later" :lol:

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
me?? my bat was flat... did you need me for y our wheel issue?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yip,thought you could help me get a wheel, but its cool...all sorted now.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Hey Carona don't listen to them...I wanted 85k for my 7...3 people wanted it, went to the bank but ALL their finance issues were declined...hows THAT for a sign not to sell the car...Many ppl, even on here told me I'm stupid and it will NEVA sell, well, 3 ppl had the bank stop them, one guy is still on off, also NOT giving up on getting finance lol...I wonder why all ppl wanting to buy my car don't get finance, maybe their credit...they like my car here in smoke land...

So, advertise your car for 45k...do it, a red 145 with under 100k on the clock original condition...I'll pay 80k for, call me sick, but I can appreciate a great car without thinking about value etc...your car is great, fix the niggles and like everyone says - Alfa ppl will buy your car even for 60k, I would

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Whats the PCD casue GT got no spare.. lol you should have called other paul.. im sure we could have found something on the lot

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanx HG, but its all sorted now...I don't have AM69's number,what is it?

thanx for the compliment guili...yeah I know the hard that I have poured into the car, from fixing the motor, to fitting a new alternator, a new radiator, I have replaced almost all the sensor on the engine,to waiting almost 2 months for a rear wheel bearing and a few other things, if or when I do sell I won't back down on my price I ask, if it sells it will sell...

but as said I'm not letting go of the car right now, its just so much fun to drive at the moment AND reliable...

BUT, I might purchase another alfa, nothing hectic and nothing expensive but I need to convince the wifey that I need another car to fiddle on,as we speak I'm busy doing research on the car...will keep you guys posted. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts