Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the old lovely 147 'smart-repaired' in a couple of places to get rid of all the car park dints in the sides and scrapes on the front apron.......less than a month later come back to the car and there's a bloody big dint in the rear panel below the rear side window where some careless prat ( presumably in a white 4X4 judging by the height and paint left) has swung their door open.
Grr...............and breathe!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh poor you. :cry:

It doesnt matter where you park, you'll always end up with a dint.

I parked my brand new mito in a line of free spaces yesterday, and came back to find a big white van parked right next to it, even though there were about 30 other spaces in the row.

I'm just waiting for the day i end up in a big fight with someone cos they are resting their door on my car while getting their kid out the car.

My claim to fame is being called out over the tannoy twice in asda, first time cos someone had wiped out the drivers side of my car and driven off, second time cos i parked in a parent/child space, to try and avoid stupid drivers doing that again :lol:

Its not that i hate kids, well not much :p, i just hate the fact that the cars with them in get preferential treatment in car parks, like their car is more important than yours.

Just for the record, i'd never park in a disabled space.

H

·
0 Posts
Its not that i hate kids, well not much :p, i just hate the fact that the cars with them in get preferential treatment in car parks, like their car is more important than yours.
It's nothing to do with the importance of the cars. If anything it protects other peoples cars from pushchair scrapes and door dings because kids and their stuff is so tough to get out of a car when you're crammed into a tight space.

V

·
0 Posts
it means you have to walk abit further but park as far away from the entrance as possible and cover two spaces

·
Registered
341 Posts
Spot on :thumbs:

Being a parent is a choice, not a disability.
Totally agree with you there :thumbs:

It's nothing to do with the importance of the cars. If anything it protects other peoples cars from pushchair scrapes and door dings because kids and their stuff is so tough to get out of a car when you're crammed into a tight space.
Whats wrong with putting them in the boot :lol:

it means you have to walk abit further but park as far away from the entrance as possible and cover two spaces
No i cant do that cos i'd get labelled an a typical woman driver that cant get a car into one space and has to use two. :p

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bit of a postscript on this: I have a Ding King (ooh er, missus) and used it successfully on the dent, it came out quite well. Have previously tried it on smaller dents and they don't pull out so it seems if you want to repair your dent, make sure it's a big one!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts