Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just in the asda's car park and was driving out and this woman in a toyota aygo pranged my bumper, no damage on me but poped half her bumper off , anyway so i packed up again and when i got back she had disappeared i never managed to get the registration number so do i need to tell the police, i spoke to the security guard and he said there's noting you can do i just didnt want to get any thing coming back on me , its my first prang so any comments will be greatly appreciated . regards billy

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,714 Posts
don't think you need to worry mate - it's a private car park.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I wouldnt bother, if they say owt just tell them how it is.

·
Registered
37,908 Posts
I'd sue ASDA! :lol:

Say you were whiplashed in the accident and their security couldn't pick the car off their cctv.

If she hit you and left then you are in the clear. Might be worth reporting it to the Plod anyway - just in case anything else crops up?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you've got no damage don't worry about it. Even if it was scratched it's hardly ever worth going through the insurance for small car park dings. Personally I'd settle for an on the spot donation of £50. If it needs filling and painting ask for £100 which is the starting price of a simple smart repair.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for the replies just told the police because she drove away didnt want anything coming to bite me on my *** ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
And what did they say?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
If she did claim insurance and try to blaim it on you, your insurance company could be angry that you didn't tell them about it since it is in their policy that you must report any "incidents" within a day or two. You could always say you never knew about it (i.e. you were in asda when it happened, and didn't notice any damage on the car) but it may lead to you losing a no claims bonus..
I don't see what could go wrong by just calling up your insurance company and saying what happened without claiming, because if the person that hit you tried to claim on your insurance, that wouldn't work.

Realistically though, I personally probably wouldn't bother telling the insurance company, and the person that hit you probably won't try to claim on ur insurance either, but you never know

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
When a woman reversed into me in a car park I advised my insurance company even though she admitted fault and her insurance company contacted me and got my car repaired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts