Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help

My alfa 156 2ltr t-spark is not starting the engine turns over but the fule pump does not make a noise or the light on dash for the injectors also the imobileser light does not come on ethier

I love my alfa so if its an easy fix great

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Can you read the battery voltage?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Just as it is, using a multimeter..

·
Registered
179 Posts
the bad thing is that there can be 100eds of problems what can couse this problem:D for the starters try to put on computer, so you can read the faulty codes. if you dont have one, ask someone to help to push the car, and then try to start it. then you will see if the engine would be still possible to run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really someone said maybe the drive shaft sensor bu one thing is my fan has not been wrking so we had to put a wire across the relay plug holes to make it work permantly while driving then pulled it out when I finished driving but my dad did it the other day and there was a flash I dunno if he ****ed a relay?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Did someone knock the fuel cut off valve? I think it's under the passenger seat. Give that a try.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes, just have a look under the front passenger seat at the front. Botton on top - pretty obvious.

D

·
0 Posts
If your first post means that the injection/eml light doesnt come on at all incl when you first turn ignition on then thats where you need to start. If that light isnt coming on then your fuel pump wont work.
If that is the case then check the injection and pump relays/fuses

Also how much fuel is in the car ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the light for the injectors don't cum on or the light in shape of a key i thought it was an imobilser light I have swapped the relays around but if there all gone I won't know is there any way to test them with out a volt meter also if I bridge the gap on the relays the injectors make a noise but no light cums on and its got quater of a tank

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Well the light for the injectors don't cum on or the light in shape of a key i thought it was an imobilser light I have swapped the relays around but if there all gone I won't know is there any way to test them with out a volt meter also if I bridge the gap on the relays the injectors make a noise but no light cums on and its got quater of a tank
one way of blowing ecu :wow:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how would i know that by taking the oil cap off and seeing what happens?

the engine does move its like it has got no fule or not getting fule but i will look in engine when trying to turn it over if u think that will help diagnose

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
how would i know that by taking the oil cap off and seeing what happens?

the engine does move its like it has got no fule or not getting fule but i will look in engine when trying to turn it over if u think that will help diagnose
its a check to see if your cam belt has not snapped .belts tend to go usually on tick over or low speeds as this is when belt is under most strain (valve train)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts