Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've seen Adrian Flux are offering a discount to AO members, does anyone have first had experience of this and what sort of rates are they offering?

Secondly, my bike insurance (on a Kawasaki zx12r) is due at the same time, do any of you bike owners know of a competitive "6 wheeled" policy which will cover my car and bike?

Thirdly, I've had a good quote for the 159 but the policy states the car cannot be modified. I've had it remapped but am in 2 minds whether to admit this to another insurer; yes I know it's wrong :tut: but I know several people who've done the same and I'm trying to understand the risk of getting caught taking into account it's supposed to be "untraceable" ?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've always had a bike (even when i haven't had a car), but I've never insured them together. Not saying it can't be done, but it's not common. I did have fully comp on my 155 a while back that gave me third-party cover on anyone else's car or bike, which was handy, though.

My bike insurance is with Zenith through Masterquote. I think I paid about 280 fully comp on my 748 last year.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Carole Nash do 6 wheel policies, it's called the Omni policy. Bit pointless for me since I've not had a bike for a few years :(

Give'em a try, they were very good for bike insurance when I last had one.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got a quote from CN and it was stupidly high. Cheaper to insure them seperately which is daft considering I can only drive one of them at a time. Back to the drawing board.

·
AO Traders
596 Posts
wormus said:
Hi

I've seen Adrian Flux are offering a discount to AO members, does anyone have first had experience of this and what sort of rates are they offering?

Secondly, my bike insurance (on a Kawasaki zx12r) is due at the same time, do any of you bike owners know of a competitive "6 wheeled" policy which will cover my car and bike?

Thirdly, I've had a good quote for the 159 but the policy states the car cannot be modified. I've had it remapped but am in 2 minds whether to admit this to another insurer; yes I know it's wrong :tut: but I know several people who've done the same and I'm trying to understand the risk of getting caught taking into account it's supposed to be "untraceable" ?
Hi.
Our Bikesure branch do offer very competitive prices on motorcycle insurance at the moment.
Thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I just got a quote from Adrian Flux on my 159 and even with the AO discount I was quoted £501. Best quote so far through Direct Line is £370 although I have had a couple of others around the £400 mark. It pays to shop around!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts