Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Flicked through this in Asda on Friday.
I'm presuming all the pics of these future Alfas are artist's renderings?
Always thought Car was better quality than the likes of Auto Express - a publication I classify as a comic due to all the nonsense pics they dream up.

·
Registered
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I bought a copy of the magazine and yes they are artists renderings. They are nicely done photoshops , better than Autoexpress, which I wouldn't buy.
I used to subscribe to AutoItalia and nearly bought it at WH Smiths at Victoria Station yesterday. There's an article about the future Alfas, using the pics in the recent presentation but it had several pictures of Marchionne which made it a bit spooky as he's sadly passed away since publication.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Nearly bought 'Car' myself this month then thought better of it.

Like you, I used to subscribe to Auto Italia. I'm now more selective in when I buy it (and on the very rare occasion, other car mags) - every so often there's enough interesting (to me) content to make it worth it.

And every so often the general motoring mags will have an Italian car special feature. Sometimes even a free supplement, and that feels like Christmas!

·
Registered
400 Posts
"Car" was a great read back in the day with columnnists like LJK Setright, George Bishop et al. Sadly in my view it's not what it was and it's years since I bought a copy.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,272 Posts
does Car still publish stories about which watches to buy? ;-)

the only time i buy car mags now is ahead of holibobs - a classic car mag a few about modern metal. I also bought 'How to be a motoring journalist'; the 'memoirs' of Roy Lanchester, the fictitious (and very funny) 'journalist' from Sniff Petrol. Read a chapter already and I'm saving the rest of the merriment for a place in the sun with a cold beer :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts