Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What utter dregs of society do things like this.

Found this scratch on my passengers door last night. Not entirely sure when or where it was done but they have made a right mess. Looks far too deep to be able to remedy myself. Still absolutely raging.

What goes through someones head that tells them..."I know what'll be fun. I'm going to run my key (or other tinky sharp object) along the side of this car to leave a massive gouge in the paint. Yeah, that'll be awesome."?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I hope people like that come to an untimely end. Vandalism is such a mindless thing. Ny sympathies mate.:mad:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Very sad, bunch of envious pillocks! Or it may of been the warning sign prompted them to do the destructive act? No excuse though, it's just how these brain out's work.:(:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Bar stewards ! :rant: Had this done to me once !

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know exactly how you feel mate, I still have to look at the gouge on mine every time I get in and my heart sinks. The trouble is the kids that do this just don't seem to get how much this screws you, and how many of the average bloke's wages it takes to fix it.

One day it will happen to him, and maybe he'll stop and think and wish he hadn't done it to you.

Reckon you can get a second hand door from a breakers?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
That awful, feel for you had the same done to my wifes Citroen once all panels both sides :mad:, these scum should be shot.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Gutted for me, they thing that bugs me is they do it when no one is around, if anyone wishes to key my car, just do it when I am there, wouldnt be able to key my car or anyone elses again!

Hope you get it all sorted and its as painless outcome as possible. Try chipsaway, quite reasonable, and my local franchise does good results!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'd hit the ******* roof if I found someone had done that to my car.

Hope it doesn't cost you too much to repair :(

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i feel your pain hun, someone decided to slash my tyres a few weeks ago, two of them £320 :mad:

try chipsaway they fixed my babes scratch and did an awesum job for £184 for 6 hrs work...:) (i scratched her)

·
Registered
71 Posts
what mugs !!! obviously jealous of you owning an Alfa and they have a vauxhall nova......... i feel for you mate hope you catch the little b******s

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sign of the times............ I'd ******' "larch" 'em ...........

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mito vandalism vendetta?

Saw this was posted two days ago - my car was parked outside a bakery in Northfields Avenue, Ealing, London,
Parked, crossed over road to get cash from ATM, went in to shop came back - must have been 4mins tops and attached is what I came back to see on my 3week old MITO!
Having spoken to a local police and garages (including dealership) it seems I'm not alone lately and this adds to the belief.
Whoever did this is evil scum, jealousy clearly rules their heart(if they have one!) and I hope they get get what they deserve - only ten times worse!

No idea where to get repair done - dealership will charge big money and don't want to go to unapproved body shop as then I will lose warranty!
Any ideas?
Where are you getting yours fixed?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
God, I feel for both of you. Had my last 147 keyed, and got it "repaired" but the paint job was bad - it left a "fried egg" mark on the door, which bugged me to look at just as much as the key mark had!

Brett - hard to make out from your pic - has the paint been broken?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried a bit of t-cut on it at the weekend knowing that it probably wouldn't make much difference due to the depth of the scratch. Unsurprisingly it didn't really do much. The scratch is now grey instead of silver though so less noticable from afar.

Think I will get a couple of mobile scratch repairers to give me a quote but got some work to do on my flat first which will tie up my funds for now.

Brett...that is a shocker. Not what you expect to find when you nip into a shop for a few minutes. Looks like someone has clobbered it with a rock or something!

Total lowlife scumbags.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Saw this was posted two days ago - my car was parked outside a bakery in Northfields Avenue, Ealing, London,
Parked, crossed over road to get cash from ATM, went in to shop came back - must have been 4mins tops and attached is what I came back to see on my 3week old MITO!
Having spoken to a local police and garages (including dealership) it seems I'm not alone lately and this adds to the belief.
Whoever did this is evil scum, jealousy clearly rules their heart(if they have one!) and I hope they get get what they deserve - only ten times worse!

No idea where to get repair done - dealership will charge big money and don't want to go to unapproved body shop as then I will lose warranty!
Any ideas?
Where are you getting yours fixed?
Hell Brett, that's a shocker. I really feel for you. What a miserable thing about which to have a first post.:(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts