Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what's wrong with my GTV, I replaced the battery the other day and maybe thats what caused my problem but I doubt it (I just hope it's nothing serious *touchwood*). When driving, my car jerks now and then, usually just after changing gear.

When the car jerks, I get the attached warning sign - The battery and oil warning doesnt show when driving, this is a photo just before starting my engine. The warning I get can be seen at the top right - spark plug? I'm not sure, since I don't have any manuals for my car. :(

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me out in the right direction :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not sure what's wrong with my GTV, I replaced the battery the other day and maybe thats what caused my problem but I doubt it (I just hope it's nothing serious *touchwood*). When driving, my car jerks now and then, usually just after changing gear.

Mate i've just got rid of this prob, took me ages, for me it was the clutch going, the light thats coming on is just a engine managment light, doesn't really have much to do with ur spark plugs etc.. best thing is to take it for a dianostic, or if ur clutch has been heavy for a while then i would suggest a change. mine would run the seem to lose power the light would come on then after abit of throttle would go away but jolt quite voilently when it caught. also started to die at junctions and the rev's would move up and down and then battery light would come on and the car would stall. as i said thou mine was clutch

·
Registered
8 Posts
ive got the exact same problem m8, mine happend as i pulled hard outta a junction, i woz told it woz the MAF so i had that replaced, had a look under the bonnet maself and ive found 1 of the plugs havnt been firin it still looks brand new, im guessin thats wots causin my problem, i just dont understand y it didnt show on the diag machine??? ive tryd ecu reset cleaned throttle, engine cleaned, the lot but made no difference except gained a few horses :D, check youre plugs and coil pack, sometimes its sumfin simple if not, best thing is diagnostics! hope it helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, status update!

My car is fixed! My new battery is dead, my dynamo was knackered and raped it to bits. :( After hours of work, unmounting the engine (at the side of the road) we managed to replace that. Took the car for a test drive and all was good! For a few minutes... The same symptoms appeared. We got home in 1 piece, opened the hood, on closing, the car stalled. Weird right? Tried it again, and again, and again! Stalled each time. So we checked out the air filter, the electronic plug was loose - plugged it back in and voila! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts