Alfa Romeo Forum banner
101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Administrator
88,597 Posts
Renewed with the AA again, initial insurance quote had increased by over €240 but that wasn't a big surprise considering the change of car, a few phone calls got it reduced by €240 ! First call dropped by €125, second by €60 & final by €55
A call to the AA membership got that reduced €18 from what I paid last year.

So after all that I'm paying just €55 more than the cheapest quote ( MIG broker for an allianz policy) but I've a better policy, fuel card, comprehensive driving of other cars, recovery plus (recovery to any garage of my choice in the country) & as it's my fifth year of AA membership I also now qualify for free replacement keys if lost or stolen.

I'm well happy with that, it probably didn't hurt that I was renewing at this time of crisis !

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have the same story with them every single year. Last week, my renewal was over €200 more than last year, but I got them back down to €20 less than I paid last year.

Same story with the AA breakdwon cover. Last year, I paid €90 (took some haggling). That includes Homestart & key replacement (but not Recovery Plus - I didn't know about that). This time they quoted €185. After 3 webchats, I finally got it down to €84 (which is what MAPFRE charge for their premium service).

Such a pain to go through it every year, but the cover is excellent & the service is generally very good.

·
Administrator
88,597 Posts
Yeah it's a bit of work alright but worth it if you get the reduction.

Sounds like some of us might be getting a bit of a refund/reduction in our premium due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has reduced claims.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts