Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anyone know who will insure a 96 spider on classic? Axa and Carol Nash both said they can't cover it
A few seem to be using these guys?
https://www.autoline.co.uk/
A few seem to be using these guys
https://www.autoline.co.uk/
Autoline insure my GTV 1997 for 260 euro. 3.000 miles per year limit
thats fully Comp
Thanks lads, didn't know they'd insure an Irish car, will give them a bell tomorrow

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just renewed the insurance on the Giulia. The AA had quote me €900, 25plue.ie quoted me €550. Fully comp, breakdown cover & protected NCB, I very happy.

·
Administrator
86,829 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I still need to get the 147 re-insured after taking it off the road to get it fixed :nervous:

·
Administrator
86,829 Posts
Got my renewal email from the AA this morning, it's about €65 more than the initial quote I got from them last year, time to start shopping.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
My renewal from the AA, for the Saxo, is £204, last year I paid £141 so £63 more.

The Giulietta is with RAC their renewal is £417, last year I paid £347 so £70 more.

Clearly the situation is the same in the UK as in Eire.

Having used a multicar policy in the past both cars are due on 1st April.

I have been shopping around and the best so far is AVIVA multicar with an existing customer discount (I have travel insurance and a company pension annuity from them) as well as the multicar discount the price is £462. Two years ago I insured with AVIVA at £475 but last year they wanted £530 to renew hence the two seperate policies totalling £487. Every year it is a nightmare and a complete disincentive for customer loyalty. I could get it cheaper but online reviews of the cheapest companies are not good so I will be avoiding the cheapest options.

·
Administrator
86,829 Posts
Got my renewal email from the AA this morning, it's about €65 more than the initial quote I got from them last year, time to start shopping.
After some phonecalls & quotes from other companies (Allianz next best quote) l got back to the AA, the best they could do was €25 more than I paid last year which wasn't too bad, I asked if putting my mother on the policy would cost much more, to my complete surprise it reduced the premium by €20 ;)

So I'm only paying €5 more than last year which I'm happy with & again I'm staying with the AA which I wanted to for the policy benefits :thumbs:

I also an email last week for the AA breakdown cover, that had gone up about €35, I checked online & I could get it as a new customer for the same as I paid last year, a quick phonecall this morning informed them I'd be letting that lapse & be renewing the following day if they didn't renew for the previous price, they matched it :thumbs:

Shop around & bargain if you don't want to get overcharged ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Laughing today
Quote from the AA to renew on the 05 156SW : €720 TF&T !!
Online quote from 123 (though I did set the value at €5k !!) : €470 FC / €360 TF&T

Hmm ... this is going to be a fun haggling season
(By contrast, my daily commuter - a BMW R1200RT - gets fully comp cover for €220 !)

·
Administrator
86,829 Posts
Insurance time again, renewed with the AA for almost the exact price as last year, less than €1 of an increase, happy with that :thumbs:
AA breakdown including Rescue Plus also renewed, €9 less than last year :thumbs:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Insurance time again, renewed with the AA for almost the exact price as last year, less than €1 of an increase, happy with that :thumbs:
AA breakdown including Rescue Plus also renewed, €9 less than last year :thumbs:
I'm with AA too. Every year I go through the same exercise of haggling over the phone, then escalating to supervisor to get the best price (for the past 3 yrs, the supervisor was able to magically knock another €50 off in additon to what I negotiated with the call centre agent).

This year, they quoted me €175 more than last year. I haggled with them & finally got it reduced by €200 from the initial quote. So, now I'm paying €25 less than last year. Which is what I'd expect given that I've had no claims, am a year more experienced... and the car is worth less than it was last year. Still, pains me to go through the same rigmarole every year. Last year, they quoted me €300 more than my outgoing premium. No claims or convictions, so there was no justification. In that case, I finally haggled it down to a €60 increase.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After being with the AA for more years than i can remember i had to ditch them the year before last.
I had a quote from them for the QV when i was going to order it and when it arrived 3 months later and I wanted to get the insurance the price jumped about €300.
No one at the AA would explain why.

The SL which I had and still have prior to the QV was still under AA Insurance which also jumped a large amount when it hit 15 years old and again no one would admit to this.
In the end I did not take out insurance on the QV with the AA and went with Glennon's for much cheaper than the AA quote.

I then cancelled the SL Insurance with the AA and no one called or followed up with me.
I got the distinct impression that there was a step change in the behaviour and goals at the AA around 2 years ago which was not in a good direction for me after years of good dealings.

So far Glennon's have been great to deal with and I have both cars insured with them.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts