Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Renewal in last week from the AA : 370 odd last year on a 2.2 turbo diesel people carrier from 2003
This year, on a 161-D 1.6 People carrier - 890 !!

Cheeky look around : 123 are in the 500 quid range, and its4women (don't let the name fool you, they can't do that Sir) : 450

Looking forward to the Alfa renewal, as it's just had its' 12th birthday party :(

Tempted to call the AA and see if they can halve their quote (I do like the fully-comp driving of other cars bit)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Considering some of the renewal increases I've heard of your quote with NoNonsense/FBD wasn't so bad I suppose, did you try getting them to price match any of the other quotes ?
I did. No budge. They weren't interested. NoNonsense are no longer taking on new customers (see their homepage) either.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
25pus.ie and its for women are one and the same, but have been known to offer different quotes, so worth checking both. My insurance last time around was with First Ireland/KennCo, and cost €795, car was 13 years old then. Due again in May.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
My renewal also came in yesterday from Axa. €1321.41

So I did some research:
- Liberty €1312.71
- AIG €1788.28
- Allianz - no quote
- 123.ie €1263.36
- FBD €1660.42
- KennCo no quote
- Coverandclick.ie waiting for a call back
- 25plus.ie €1647.42
- AA €2255.20

Didn't ring Axa for a bit of a discount yet, so will try my luck in the coming days.

Why do we even bother having insurance at this stage ? Makes me sick to the stomach knowing that I'm paying a lot of money because the "oh lets claim for damage" culture nowadays. :furious: :furious:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
..what's worrying is that we're at a stage where ordinary people are having to tell lies to even get a quote, so possibly half the cars around you may not even be insured if something actually goes wrong.

It may be time to start thinking seriously about replacing the whole thing with some sort of state-run scheme..

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Small point re 123.ie.
I've been with them a few years now, they no longer charge for temporary or permanent transfers.
Mine went up a bit this year due to points for speeding (2 or 3 I can't remember).
Around €800.
Interestingly, they told me 166 3 litre slightly cheaper than 156 2 litre.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Small point re 123.ie.
I've been with them a few years now, they no longer charge for temporary or permanent transfers.
Mine went up a bit this year due to points for speeding (2 or 3 I can't remember).
Around €800.
Interestingly, they told me 166 3 litre slightly cheaper than 156 2 litre.

Thats just wrong, everyone knows them 166 3.0 litre drivers drive much more faster.:grumpy:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Thats just wrong, everyone knows them 166 3.0 litre drivers drive much more faster.:grumpy:
Not with their pregnant partners on board!
I am dawdling around in it for a few reasons:
1) it was off road for quite a while so I'm breaking it in gently
2) the 156 had a sport exhaust and selespeed and just felt sportier
3) the 166 is more of a smooth cruiser

Insurance premiums=dark arts.....

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
My renewal also came in yesterday from Axa. €1321.41

So I did some research:
- Liberty €1312.71
- AIG €1788.28
- Allianz - no quote
- 123.ie €1263.36
- FBD €1660.42
- KennCo no quote
- Coverandclick.ie waiting for a call back
- 25plus.ie €1647.42
- AA €2255.20

Didn't ring Axa for a bit of a discount yet, so will try my luck in the coming days.

Why do we even bother having insurance at this stage ? Makes me sick to the stomach knowing that I'm paying a lot of money because the "oh lets claim for damage" culture nowadays. :furious: :furious:
...Motor ownership really is a joke in this country.
:shocked: Why is it so expensive I wonder?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
coverinaclick were the only ones i got a quote for under €1000 for my '05 1.8 GT.
€790 i think my premium is, i think the closest to that was around 1100, cant remember who from. That was last year, im dreading renewal.

·
Administrator
86,829 Posts
Insurance renewal quote arrived last week, it's about €30 less than last years initial quite which they reduced after I'd gotten some other quotes. Now the fun of getting quotes from the usual suspects begins ;)

·
Administrator
86,829 Posts
Installed the new disc last night, I went with the AA again (Aviva policy). After making a few calls Allianz was the best quote I got, I rang the AA again & told them they'd have to do better, they dropped the price by about €40, told them they'd still need to do better & they dropped it another €30, I had to increase the excess a bit for that price drop price but I'm ok with that.

In the end I paid €70 less than my original renewal quote, €54 less than I paid last year, I call that a result considering some of the stories I'm hearing. I get to stay with the company I want to be insured with, there are some useful benefits of the AA policy that I don't want to lose such as comp cover when driving other cars & a fuel card (currently 4c a litre off the pump price at Topaz) I've also renewed my breakdown cover with the AA.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
61 - 80 of 100 Posts