Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
Wonder if anyone knows a car hire firm on the continent -- France/Holland/Belgium or beyond in a pinch -- that is "sure" to rent one a Fiat500, 500C, Abarth, MiTo or other Alfa.
My last hire was for a "guaranteed" 147.
When I arrived at the counter, they "upgraded" me to a horrid Mazda that almost ended up off the road in a corner that I would not even have noticed in the Alfa.
Many friends have had similar experiences in that when they arrive at the rental outlet, the car they wanted is "unavailable at this time" and something else there instead.
My wife and I have NO desire to end up in a Nissan, VW, Toyota, Opel, Renault, Citroen or whatever.
Any advice most appreciated.
adg

·
Registered
961 Posts
In Italy you'd be pushed to find Abarth on a rental fleet or Mito come to that, Guilietta, 500 wouldn't be a problem 500c would probably priced in a ridiculous price band though.

T

·
0 Posts
We hired a mito from hertz in Italy last year. 1.6jtdm in silver, very nice, since bought myself one!! It was exactly as ordered, from & to Milan Bergamo airport. We visited Monza for the WTCC then lake Garda for a week.

Insurance waiver for hertz was more than my annual insurance, so didn't bother with it...

·
Registered
961 Posts
25 euro's a day generally for full kasko, the best bit is if you do incur a bit of damage, they still have a 50-100 admin fee to sting you with. Don't mean to be a pedant but Orio al Serio is not Milano.

T

·
0 Posts
It's sold as Milan Bergamo in the uk by the cheap airlines, nobody will find the proper name on a uk flight website. Its not near Milan, but it is ideal for Monza and the lakes...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its worth haggling if you dont like what theyre giving you. We booked a 'punto-class' car with Hertz for pickup at Naples airport - when we got there, they tried fobbing us off with a Ford Ka (our suitcases wouldn't even fit in it).We ended up getting a Grande Punto which was ideal for an 'interesting'* drive down the Amalfi coast

*exhilarating/buttock-clenching/never again depending on which family member you speak to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts