Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veloce booked in to dealer tomorrow but as anybody had similar problem?
Dashboard warnings:-
Start & Stop unavailable
Graphic showing all 4 x doors
Check left hand side turn light
Check parking lights
Horn sounding every 30 seconds even though horn doesn't sound when pressed
Hazards don't work
Fast ticking on left indicator( normally sign of bulb gone but all 3 working)
Telling me to take out of Park when in drive
Interior lights have to be manually switched off on exit
Radio comes on when parked up
Apart from that all good ??!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know it shouldn't be the case with a relatively new car, but could your battery be in a bad way?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I’d be tempted to disconnect the battery for 1/2 hr or even check it on a battery conditioner/charger to see where it’s at.

Understand you taking it to dealer though ... noticed you’re in Lancs ... who you taking it back to?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good suggestions re Battery, suppose that's a good possibility. Booked in at Mangoletsi. Alfa assist came out but the guys diagnostic only covered Mito, giulietta and 4c.!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
had a strange and worrying thing happen to mine

went out to the car and it was unlocked with lights and radio on and wouldn't lock with the key fob.

Had to start it up and switch off and it has been fine ever since ( touch wood )

A couple of days prior I had some strange warning come up on the dash about alarm lock with a picture of a pad lock .
this went on its own

·
Registered
690 Posts
sounds like a duff battery or loose battery connector.
There seems to be a lot of issues with the battery

Is it not big enough or something ?

never experienced it on any other new cars .

I'm get worried about mine as I'm not using it much at the moment.
Maybe I should take it for a decent run every now and again

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
As far as I know the battery is the right size, the problem is with dealers not charging it sufficiently before handover to customers.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

went out to the car and it was unlocked with lights and radio on and wouldn't lock with the key fob.

Had to start it up and switch off and it has been fine ever since ( touch wood )

A couple of days prior I had some strange warning come up on the dash about alarm lock with a picture of a pad lock .

this went on its own

This can happen if the car goes into Stop/Start mode prior to you switching off. It’s happened to me a couple of times, you go to switch off but for some reason the car is waiting to restart, the car also won’t lock. Came out of Morrison’s one time, Auto-lights had kicked in too ... thought someone was nicking my car .
Good job you realised as you’d of ended up with a flat battery ... happened to someone else on here a while, back from memory

Reactions: hector56

·
Registered
241 Posts
Similar thing happened to my daughter's Punto, it turned out that water had gotten into the fuse box under the bonnet. Once that had dried it worked fine.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
There seems to be a lot of issues with the battery

Is it not big enough or something ?

Battery issues seem to be affecting a number of Giulias.

My guess is the problem lies with the supposedly INTELLIGENT Battery System (IBS) rather than the batteries themselves.

I've not had any problems in 9 months of ownership. Perhaps thanks to me switching Stop/Start off whenever I start the car.

Andy

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

this went on its own
Sounds like it went into stop/start when you got out so wasn't actually switched off at all.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This can happen if the car goes into Stop/Start mode prior to you switching off. It’s happened to me a couple of times, you go to switch off but for some reason the car is waiting to restart, the car also won’t lock. Came out of Morrison’s one time, Auto-lights had kicked in too ... thought someone was nicking my car .
Good job you realised as you’d of ended up with a flat battery ... happened to someone else on here a while, back from memory

Is there anything that can be done to stop it happening again ?

Wouldnt be good if it happened when parked up for a long time

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers for the suggestions, I shall report their findings tomorrow, fingers crossed something basic. Will mention the battery and have that checked. I disconnected the 2 x horns before other drivers thought I was a lunatic !!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Is there anything that can be done to stop it happening again ?

Wouldnt be good if it happened when parked up for a long time

Turn off stop start, which I do 99% of the time ... it’s the 1% that sometimes catches me out. If, when I stop the car, the green stop start icon is on the cluster ... I know I need to start the car and stop it again ... definitely a bug in the software.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Turn off stop start, which I do 99% of the time ... it’s the 1% that sometimes catches me out. If, when I stop the car, the green stop start icon is on the cluster ... I know I need to start the car and stop it again ... definitely a bug in the software.

No you don't. You just need to press the engine off button but without your foot on the brake. If it's on the brake when you do it then the engine will start but with it off it will just turn the ignition off.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts